PDA

View Full Version : Third try at first design in sketchup

Travis Porter
10-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Historically, I scribbled on paper, but after watching Dave Richards and seeing other articles I have bitten the bullet. The attached is a chest of drawers I will be building out of Cherry for my daughter. The drawers (which I have not drawn) will have cockbead (I think that is what it is called) around them.

I have learned (the hardway), to do a mock up first. That was caused by the LOML not liking the first layout (even though it matched the picture she showed me) and having to start over after I had made every part.:mad:

Then, I realized I had some dimensions wrong where it didn't look right.:(

So, here is my 3rd pass. I believe it is ok, but any feedback as to spacing, components, joinery, etc would be appreciated.

I am now a sketchup junkie thanks to Dave and other posts on the forum. Not that there is anything wrong with that.:)

Dave Richards
10-12-2006, 12:11 PM
I opened the file and it looks pretty good. I did see a few things. I'll look more and report back but I have to go eat a free lunch and look at some new anesthesia machines. Did I mention free lunch?

Dave Richards
10-12-2006, 6:20 PM
Travis, if you'll send me a PM with your e-mail address, I'll send you back the SKP file with mods.