PDA

View Full Version : I found this on the shop floor-What Is It?

Phil Winn
10-11-2006, 9:59 PM
I found this on the shop floor-What Is It? In that area of the floor, there is a:
SawStop?
Incra Fence?
Jessem Slider (Mast-R-Slide)?
Jessem Mite-R-Excel?
MM16
But it could have been kicked.....
I have the usual common woodworking tools found in many small woodworking shops.....
Any ideas? I hate the idea to use the tools when an "important" piece is missing.....
Thanks,
Phil

Andy Hoyt
10-11-2006, 10:14 PM
From a lonely set of stairs gauges?

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/7497365#

Mike Canaris
10-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Do you really want to know...or is this a stealth gloat?:D

Wade Ellis
10-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Do you have any Bridge City Tools? It looks like the end hook
of my tri-angular measuring device. :D

Frank Snyder
10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Phil, those belong to your Jessem Mite-R-Excel. They hold the rule in place. See your instructions for where these go.

Cheers,

Frank:)

Phil Winn
10-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Yes, I went downstairs and it fit perfectly. Now I can do some more
woodworking!
Thanks all,
Phil

Sam Chambers
10-12-2006, 12:04 AM
You say you found them on the floor? What's a floor?!?! I assume there's one in my shop, but I can't see it.

Chris Giles
10-12-2006, 8:40 AM
I had a spring jump out of my pnuematic gun last week onto my un-swept floor; How about reversing a little of that magic and telling me where it landed?:confused::rolleyes:

Scott Loven
10-12-2006, 9:17 AM
I had a spring jump out of my pnuematic gun last week onto my un-swept floor; How about reversing a little of that magic and telling me where it landed?:confused::rolleyes:
1) Try the last place that you would think of looking for it, that is where I usually find things like that!
2) Try under left or right foot.
3) Any deep cracks in the floor?
4) Have you tried your sock drawer?
Scott

Cliff Rohrabacher
10-12-2006, 9:20 AM
They are temple plugs. They go in the temples to facilitate data transfers.

Mark Pruitt
10-12-2006, 9:31 AM
I'm just waiting for the day when I am changing the jaws on my chuck and drop a screw into a pile of shavings. Hasn't happened yet, but it WILL....

Sam Chambers
10-12-2006, 9:31 AM
I had a spring jump out of my pnuematic gun last week onto my un-swept floor; How about reversing a little of that magic and telling me where it landed?:confused::rolleyes:Did you check the "hidden sock compartments" in your washer & dryer? :D

Chris Giles
10-12-2006, 4:06 PM
I suspected this might be yet another in a long line of odd-sock capers! Clever little rascals, eh? :D

Bill Boehme
10-12-2006, 4:20 PM
People always say, "it was in the last place that I looked".

Beware of the person who keeps on looking after they find whatever is missing -- they might just be missing more than they realize.

Bill

Jim DeLaney
10-12-2006, 4:58 PM

When that happens to me, I go trolling through the debris with a magnet. OTOH, if it's brass or aluminum, I sometimes get to sift through all that mess...

Frank Pellow
10-12-2006, 5:05 PM
Phil, those belong to your Jessem Mite-R-Excel. They hold the rule in place. See your instructions for where these go.

Cheers,

Frank:)
Frank is correct. I have exactly the same knobs holding the rler in place on my Jessem Mite-R-Excel.

Per Swenson
10-12-2006, 7:57 PM
When that happens to me, I go trolling through the debris with a magnet.

Magnets, I love em.

Duct tape a couple of the big (1inch)
rare earth mags from lee valley to the inside of your
shop vac. Be amazed what you can find.

I have a couple of those R/E mags on the telescoping pole,
wonderful.

Aluminum, Brass, 16 year old kid wih great eyes.

Per