PDA

View Full Version : Knee cap surgery with a M12v

Gord Graff
10-19-2003, 8:48 AM
Hi All,

I'm glad to be back here at the creek after dealing with a few personal issues.

I was speaking at a woodworking seminar yesterday on the benefits of jigs in the workshop and one of the attendees snapped this picture and sent it to me.

Most woodworkers would say that this picture is an up close demonstration of how a mortising jig works. Little does anyone know this is actually knee cap surgery with a router.

All the best
Gord

Steve Clardy
10-19-2003, 9:39 AM
So what do you charge for that kind of operation Gord? :D
Steve

Gord Graff
10-19-2003, 10:01 AM
Hi Steve

Those operations are always free, the more complicated surgery like sliver removal demands a fee.

All the best
Gord

Howard Barlow
10-19-2003, 10:31 AM
I want to see that lobotomy procedure. Do you still use the drillpress, or just the M12v?

Gord Graff
10-19-2003, 10:42 AM
I want to see that lobotomy procedure. Do you still use the drillpress, or just the M12v?

Hi Howard,

The lobotomy procedure has actually come a long way in recent years. We've been able to perform this procedure in the field with the aid of a biscuit jointer. Now that's progress.

All the best
Gord

Ted Shrader
10-19-2003, 10:53 AM
Hey Gord -

Do you have a special procedure for setting broken bones?

The humor aside - Many orthopedic docs that I have talked to are into woodworking. I guess the two crafts translate well. They just have to be especially careful of their fingers and hands (as we all should).

Ted

Gord Graff
10-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Hey Gord -

Do you have a special procedure for setting broken bones?

The humor aside - Many orthopedic docs that I have talked to are into woodworking. I guess the two crafts translate well. They just have to be especially careful of their fingers and hands (as we all should).

Ted

Hello Ted,

I agree, the plastic surgeon that operated on my youngest daughter 4 times was an accomplished carver. I used to like going to his office to see examples of his work.

As for setting broken bones.......................that's simple, duct tape and tomato stakes.

All the best
Gord

Dennis McDonaugh
10-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Yikes! and I thought I was the only one who did stupid stuff in the shop.

Herb Kelley
10-19-2003, 2:05 PM
What I find interesting about the photo is the number of people looking on and apparently not one "wait a minute, hold it right there". Guess they all accepted that you were in charge and knew what you were doing. How did the M12V fair from the experience? Hope you did not take it out on that poor dumb object.

Keith Hall
10-19-2003, 6:16 PM
Gord, Glad to see that the M12v has international appeal as the scapel of choice for orthopedic surgeons. It is very popular here in East Tennessee. I have the scars on my shoulders to prove it. It would have looked better if he had used a veining bit, but it's possible the insurance company would only pay for the dovetail model. Keith :D :D