PDA

View Full Version : Pics?

Wendy Gillie
10-10-2006, 9:35 PM
Is there a place on this site where members post only pictures. I'm trying to do a search and find all the pictures I can but it's hard! Another forum I frequent has a place where members post pictures, (kinda like a photo album), where anyone can browse and look at only pics. Then, if anyone wants to make a comment/reply, they just PM that particular person.

Ben Rafael
10-10-2006, 9:53 PM
Hey Wendy, don't you have a sister in Norf Carolina with a pink bandsaw?
I think her name is DeeDee.

Corey Hallagan
10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Hi Wendy, there is no photo alblum on the site as you describe. Photos are either loaded up in posts from your hard drive to the SMC server or linked to a photosite photo alblum or other web space.

Corey

Jamie Buxton
10-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Wendy --
We don't have a gallery per se. However, the site's Search function works well. If you're looking for pics of a certain thing, try Searching for that thing. Maybe you'll get pics.

Keith Outten
10-11-2006, 4:21 PM
Is there a place on this site where members post only pictures. I'm trying to do a search and find all the pictures I can but it's hard! Another forum I frequent has a place where members post pictures, (kinda like a photo album), where anyone can browse and look at only pics. Then, if anyone wants to make a comment/reply, they just PM that particular person.

Wendy,

The reason that we don't have a photo gallery is based on bandwidth availablilty. Should we host a gallery and lots of people were cruisin pictures the bandwidth it would consume whould slow down our server and our Forums. SawMill Creek is a self supporting Community, we pay the bills through Member donations. We would like to offer our Members a photo gallery and we will whenever we have the revenue to support the cost of adding addtional bandwith and server support. Our Woodworking Forums are not supported by advertising so we need more Members to donate each year before we can add new services.

We are in the process of offering a new forum for Project Plans. This will place an additional strain on our bandwidth but we hope that our donations will increase enough to cover the costs, we will see.

Keith

Aaron Koehl
10-12-2006, 2:37 PM
Usually the pics are accompanied by some sort of introduction, then some commentary by members.

If you want to view what pictures people have posted to the 'Creek, click HERE (http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=site%3Awww.sawmillcreek.org) (Links to Google). It's pretty handy.