PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Robert Witter

Frank Pellow
10-10-2006, 6:49 AM
I read the open letter with which you started off the thread that was recently purged at Saw Mill Creek, and I believe that it did contain some technical points worth discussing in a calm and rational way.

I request that you start a new thread, properly identifying your connection to Oneida Air Systems, and presenting the technical points that you raised in a non-accusatory way.

By the way I have one of your 2hp Commercial Cyclone installed in my shop, and a large factor in my picking that duct collector was the information that I read on Bill Pentz’s site

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-10-2006, 8:24 AM
So is the reason that thread went south solely because he didn't 'identify' himself in the first one? Even though everybody knew who it was? C'mon...

Jason Morgan
10-10-2006, 8:29 AM
Im all for keeping it on a "professional" level, but no harm (nothing profane or defamatory) no foul.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-10-2006, 9:22 AM
So is the reason that thread went south solely because he didn't 'identify' himself in the first one?
Who said that?

Even though everybody knew who it was? C'mon...
Well I must be nobody, as I'd never heard Mr. Witter's name before, I've certainly heard of Oneida, and lots of good things, but I had no idea of the name of the president, thus your assumption that "Everyone knew his name" is false.

As was said in another thread, by the powers that be, Mr. Witter violated the TOS, right there, that was enough to pull the thread, or at the very least edit and or lock it.

The TOS needs to be applied evenly, no matter if you are the head of a large national, or international company or just some guy on a dial up out in the woods somewhere.............right?

I do not see what is wrong with Franks honest request for a calm discussion on the subject.

I too hope for a calm, rational, informative discussion on the subject, one that we can all learn from.

Cheers!

John Bailey
10-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Yup, what Frank said. I think I've seen a thread or two already started.

John

Alan Simpson
10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
He already addressed who he was. Wouldn't this be better addressed in a private message to Mr. Witter or in Off Topic rather than dirtying up the forum yet again???

Frank Pellow
10-10-2006, 10:34 AM
He already addressed who he was. Wouldn't this be better addressed in a private message to Mr. Witter or in Off Topic rather than dirtying up the forum yet again???
I am certainly not trying to "dirty up the forum". I am trying to understand some of the points that Robert made. I have a fealing that at least some of them are valid.

As to identifying who he was, I did see an evental implication stated by Robert and a suggestion that folks search the web to find ot about him, but never a direct identification. Many people, such as me, have never heard of him and he should not have assumed that we had (or that we should have to search the web to find out).

Alan Simpson
10-10-2006, 10:47 AM
IAs to identifying who he was, I did see an evental implication stated by Robert and a suggestion that folks search the web to find ot about him, but never a direct identification.

He actually DID directly identify himself. Unfortunately, that post seems to have been deleted without a trace...

Sorry for my harsh post, I did not realize that Mr. Witter's post indentifying himself had been deleted so I had assumed you had seen it.

This is another example of how difficult it is to follow topics when entire threads are deleted in this manner. Again... my apologies.