PDA

View Full Version : A Few New... Doo Be Doo Be Doo

Raymond Overman
10-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Well, they're nothing to sing about but I thought I'd post a few of my new pieces. I've got a small show this weekend and here are a couple of last minute finishers to be added to the stock.

Maple Bowl w/ Birdseye
Textured Inside
6" Tall x 8" Wide
BLO/MS/VAR then Buffed

Dogwood and Walnut Ornament
6" Tall 2" Wide
Laquer Finish

Cherry Square Bowl w/ Texture
6" Square x 1/2" Tall
BLO/MS/VAR the Buffed

Comments and critiques welcome.

Travis Stinson
10-10-2006, 7:18 AM
Raymond, the size of the Maple is deceiving, it looks smaller. It looks great. I really like the square Cherry, nice touch with the texturing. Good luck with the show.:cool:

Ernie Nyvall
10-10-2006, 8:29 AM
Nice job Raymond. I too really like what you did with the cherry.

Bernie Weishapl
10-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Raymond those are beautiful. I do like the cherry. Nice job.

Mark Pruitt
10-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Nicely done, Raymond! Square pieces like your cherry piece always fascinate me when done well. It looks like the bowl is embedded in the piece. I gotta try one myself sometime soon.

Thanks for sharing these!

Lou Morrissette
10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Raymond,
My being a newbie to the spinny thing, your work is realy inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Lou

Dale Overman
10-10-2006, 8:41 PM
Nice looking pieces Son. Good luck on the show but don't sell everything, we need more for Nov show. See you next weekend.

John Miliunas
10-14-2006, 10:59 PM
"NICE" x 3, Raymond! Beautiful execution and finish plus, shows a great variety of skills within the turning boundaries. Far too often, I get "stuck" with making a certain profile bowl or what have you and "forget" there are other forms of turning! Great job! :) :cool: