PDA

View Full Version : Stubby ordered!!

Brian McInturff
10-09-2006, 9:18 PM
Well, not only was it at the top of the list but now it's been ordered. Delivery should be in Dec. I wonder if my wife will tell me that it's my Christmas present. Anyway, I'm excited. Now to make room in the shop and see what all has to go. Oh, I ended up ordering from Bill instead of John due to taxes and shipping would've been the same. If I had picked it up I would've had to pay Tn sales tax(Yikes).
Brian:D

Ernie Nyvall
10-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Congrats Brian. Which one did you order?

Brian McInturff
10-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Ernie,
The only one you can order now is the 750. It'll be more lathe than hopefully I'll ever need. Wife already wants some lamps turned. My Oneway 1018 only could handle 10" so this will be a big jump in swing.

Ernie Nyvall
10-09-2006, 11:59 PM
That's certainly a sweet lathe.

Andy Hoyt
10-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Yahoo! Loretta's gonna get a boyfriend!

But with a name like that I sure hope he can keep up with her.:D

Jim Becker
10-10-2006, 1:07 AM
Brian...I find it extremely interesting that you're upgrading from the OneWay 1018 to the Stubby 750, as that is EXACTLY what I did in Feb of 2004. :D Congratulations on the order and I'm looking forward to see what you do when you take the new machine for "a spin" after it arrives!

One tip...pay very careful attention to getting the base level and true before you mount the rest of the machine on it. It will minimize your alignment activities. Remember, cast iron actually bends and an out of kilter base will affect the rest of the tool when you tighten everything down.

Brian McInturff
10-10-2006, 8:41 AM
Andy,
You know how it goes. You usually call a "big" man tiny. So Stubby should be able to more than handle Loretta. His last name is Holmes BTW. Stubby Holmes:cool: .

Jim,
It will be on a wooden floor. Do you think I will have any problems. It can more than handle the weight and I don't fore see any flex. I haven't yet and I've got a 12" Darra James table saw in there which probably weighs in at about 450.

Jim Becker
10-10-2006, 11:21 PM
No problem on the weight, Brian....remember, it's spread on four legs, too.