PDA

View Full Version : Forum clock running fast

Nancy Laird
10-09-2006, 9:02 PM
Why is the "clock" on this forum running about 29-30 minutes ahead of real time in my time zone?:rolleyes:

Methinks someone needs to reset the clock.

Bruce Page
10-09-2006, 9:46 PM
I think the rest of the world is just running a little slow.

Did you get some good rain up in RR? We got hammerd here in the heights!

Jim O'Dell
10-09-2006, 10:00 PM
This has been discussed a few times. Keith has basically said that in the grand scheme of things, it's not that critical. And he's right. Its about 25 minutes fast. And setting my watch is not the reason I come to SMC, so if it gets fixed, fine. If not? I've got other clocks to look at. Heck, I won't remember what time I posted this by the time I go to bed tonight! :D Jim.

Richard Wolf
10-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Nancy, here's the thread:
http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=43648

Richard

Nancy Laird
10-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks, It's not really a big deal, except my post showed at 7:00 p.m. when it was 6:31 on my computer. Made me wonder if my computer clock had gone nutz. It's really no big deal, I was just wondering.

Nancy Laird
10-09-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, Bruce, we got hammered too. It's been raining pretty steadily up here since about 2:00 p.m. I'm thinking of starting to build an ark!!

Nancy

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-10-2006, 8:38 AM
I gave up worrying about why PCs and websites a long while back... but the displayed time on the basewide phone system at my work (government... go figure!) is seldom right. IF they choose to set it properly, it'll stay that way for a couple weeks before it's noticably wrong again. I raised a fuss last year when the time change was coming up... because it was 8 or 9 minutes off, and I figured somebody would have to change it... SURELY they'd make it the right time. But no... they changed the hour and left the minutes wrong! :mad: :confused:

Military bases know what time it is. Probably down to the second. All ceremonial music must start at the proper time. :rolleyes: And whoever is responsible for the phone system probably carries a networked cell-phone, which quite likely is automagically synched with the atomic clock. And if the phone system is computer controlled, there's a scheduled reboot of that system more often than 'when it goes down'.

I just can't think of an excuse. Maybe some phone dude (dudette) out there can straighten me out.

KC