PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Blades

John Bailey
10-09-2006, 7:58 PM
I've been using my recently purchased bandsaw on 2" Mahongony the last couple of days. Along with the bandsaw, I got 14 bandsaw blades. I've been trying out the different blades to learn what they do, and how they work. I've used four different blades. One 3/16th blade that works very well, a 1/2" 4 TPI blade that works very well, and then two 1/2" blades, one 5 TPI and one 8 TPI, that wonder all over the place. I've set the saw up like I've read and with the two blades that work well, the saw is very easy to use.

I'm assuming the two blades that don't work very well are just dull. However, I thought I ask the question here to see if there is something I'm missing.

Thanks for any input.

John

Dennis Peacock
10-09-2006, 9:32 PM
John,

I've used several BS blades. When they are dull, they will still cut but will wander in the cut and also require more force for the same cut. IMHO it's time to toss the two you have that do cut so good.

josh bjork
10-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Bandsaw blades don't last that long depending on what you do. On a small saw and hard wood, I don't think mine last an hour of sawing. Once the kerf gets off on one side the blade acts screwy and will act as you describe. It will still cut but just not well.