PDA

View Full Version : Picture Frames, Ornaments

Phyllis Meyer
10-09-2006, 1:30 PM
Hi Everyone! I was wondering what you sell your picture frames, and ornaments for in your part of the country? 4x6, 5x7, 8x10. Text, graphic? There is quite a difference in pricing from ebay-other sites...what price works for you?

Have a great day! It may snow in Wisconsin Thursday:)

Sincerely,

Phyllis

Leigh Costello
10-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey now! I like snow - but never get enough anymore. Anyway, I have a friend who is partially disabled and is selling some of my stuff for a percentage. He gets $6.00 to $10.00 per 4 x 6, he also makes some frames and lets me know what he would like engraved on them. His prices increase $2 to $3 with size changes. Hope this helps a bit.

Ornaments are so hard to price for me too. If I convert the customer's design or signature or drawing for grandma, I charge $15.00 per ornament, otherwise I get between $5 and $8 per "stock" design.

Good luck, remember to spray the snow shovels so the snow doesn't stick to them!

Leigh

Phyllis Meyer
10-10-2006, 5:13 PM
I will remember to spray the shovels:) Hopefully the snow will not bother me so much since I will be lasering...first winter with it! Thanks for responding about the ornaments. It's always great to hear from the experts here on the forum!

Sincerely,

Phyllis

Leigh Costello
10-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Hi Phyllis,

I was approached today to make some inexpensive ornaments for giveaways at a local shop. I accepted the challenge, er job, and told the customer if cost was a factor, supply the substrate. Lo and behold, I am getting their substrate next week for 100 ornaments. I will charge only laser time plus setup ($30.00) because the artwork was sent via email attachment. Gotta love motivated buyers!

Good luck.

Leigh

Barbara Buhse
10-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I've been using the ornament files you can buy from Laserbits and Berry Basket... and selling them 3 for $10... they sell like hotcakes this time of year. Last year we had a big discussion on this forum about it, the amount of volume I do really makes up for the lower price (I originally wanted to sell them for $4 each). This way, I get $10 out of everyone instead of $4 or $8.

Barbara

Phyllis Meyer
10-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Great Input, and wonderful ideas! Keep them coming:)

Have a good one, snow is on it's way...

Phyllis