PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Saw out of alignment

Charles Watkins
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
:mad: I have a Craftsman Model 21805 10in. Table Saw and during my most recent project it has become out of square. When set at 0 it tilts away from the piece just enough to cause a problem. Can anyone help me with this. I am getting NO help from Sears.

Doug Shepard
10-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Dont know about your particular model but I used to own a CMan contractor saw. Is there an allen screw socket on top of the table for setting the 0-degree limit? If so, try loosening it then readjusting. If that works, then re-tighten the set screw to lock it in. On mine there was enough flex in the whole hand-crank/bracket/screw linkage arrangement that I'd have to periodically reset the 0-stop (and the one for 45-degree as well).

glenn bradley
10-09-2006, 12:52 PM
The Cman saws I've had come in two flavors. The zero and 45* stops are allen head set screws acessable from above or below the table or there is a threaded collar with a set screw that is on the actual screw-rods that move the trunnion. Either are relativly easy to set. Check you manual under adjustments for the location. Once you see them it will be pretty obvious how to adjust them.