PDA

View Full Version : Not bowls, not HFs, just pens.....

Barry Stratton
10-09-2006, 3:48 AM
Haven't turned a decent bowl yet to post pictures of, so thought I'd post some recent pens I made to fill Christmas orders....

First up is two redheart Ligero, rhodium trim, 1 FP, 1 RB

Next is 3 toolbox pencils in moose antler (from a couple years ago freezer filler), spalted hackberry, and amboyna burl (thanks Corey!).

Finally, 3 Havana RB's in rhodium, all spalted maple.

Finish is multiple coats of lacquer and then waxed. Critiques welcomed - that's how I get better.......

Keith Burns
10-09-2006, 1:27 PM
Barry, I didn't realize you were making my Christmas Gift this early:D. Seriously, they are all terrific looking pens. Fit and finish is perfect. Great job:) :)

Corey Hallagan
10-09-2006, 2:21 PM
Awesome Barry! I haven't even turned my lathe on in a month! Busy with a kitchen remodel :( Anyway, very cool. I have to make some of those toolbox pencils! Nice job.

corey

George Conklin
10-09-2006, 2:45 PM
Boy, I'd love to be able to find something negative to say about these, but I can't find anything wrong with them:) .
Nice work. I'm sure the recipients will appreciate them.

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-09-2006, 4:14 PM
Hey Barry, those look great!

Man I got to get that order in for some pen stuff......:D

Bernie Weishapl
10-09-2006, 4:15 PM
Awww Barry you shouldn't have shown my Christmas present on here. You know I would see it. Sheessh.:eek: :D :D

Nice job Barry. I really like the toolbox pencils. How were they to make? Nice job my friend.