PDA

View Full Version : Texas BBQ

Steve Jenkins
10-18-2003, 2:27 PM
Here we are one week away from the BBQ. Could everyone that is bringing something please email me and let me know what you are bringing so I know what I need to round up? It looks like about 40 or so near as I can tell. I知 looking for chairs, a few folding tables, and side dishes.

Of course we are going to have some demos, I hope. So far Dave A. has volunteered to demo the Leigh FMT jig, and we will have a couple people bringing lathes. If anyone else wants to show anything, feel free to do so. If you need anything from me to help with the demo just let me know. There will be some Festool stuff to look at and try if you want.

There will be a couple giveaways. This week I am going to pick up a bit of either walnut or cherry. If you want to let me know of a preference do so before Weds. Mike Mastin (Mr. Curly Woods himself) is going to bring a bit of his stock..

One of the giveaways is a secret but believe me it is definitely a goodie and I知 confident no-one will argue about that, and no, you can稚 just send your name to be in the drawing.:>) When we announce the winner I know everyone will be jealous.
I値l see you all Fri, Sat. (dinner is at 2:00), Sun or all three. Steve

Steve Jenkins
10-19-2003, 5:41 PM
I thought that I'd better add to this post a bit to get it near the top again. It's amazing how fast they go down the page.
I decided to come clean with my secret giveaway so if anyone who was not planning to attend wants in on it they have time to make arrangements to be here.
There are two items that make up a set to be given away at about 3:30 on Sat.

You must be here to be eligible.

The first item is a Festool CTmini dust extractor, better known to us as a vacumn.
This brings us to the second part of the set.
It is a 5" random orbit sander. The ES125E-plus. This is a finishing sander and is really smooth. I have been using the 150 (6")for a week or so and am very impressed with the low vibration.Many people look at it and are concerned with the cost of the paper but I have found that the increased life of the paper more than makes up for any difference in cost. It uses the stickfix (velcro-like) backing. The biggest difference that makes the paper last longer is the hole in the center where air blows down to move the dust away from the middle and toward the outside ring of collection holes.I find that I will use one grit and when going to a finer grit just set the first aside until I need it next time.
Oh and by the way it will come with 50 pieces of 120 grit, 50 pieces of 150, and 100 pieces of 220.That should be enough to get most anyone started.
Everything will be here to look at and take home Sat. evening.

I want to thank Bob Marino of Festool for the arrangement we made to make this possible as a prize. See you all this weekend. Steve

By the way the retail price of this set is $446.5

Phil Phelps
10-19-2003, 6:21 PM
Festool stuff...thought it might be a set of Nike irons. Well, I'll be there anyway :(

Jason Roehl
10-19-2003, 6:46 PM
Nike irons....hmmm...are those for "distressing" furniture??

Dave Arbuckle
10-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Festool stuff...thought it might be a set of Nike irons. Well, I'll be there anyway :(

Metal running shoes? Why would anyone want those, Phil? :D

Boy-o-boy-o-boy am I glad I read this. I had it stuck in my mind that it was weekend -after- next!

Dave