PDA

View Full Version : Filter Test Thread

Richard Wolf
10-08-2006, 9:36 PM
Have you seen the ASHRAE Filter Test thread in the General Wood Forum? It's been carved away like a Thanksgiving Turkey by our Super Moderator.
So as I read it, any deviation from the OP and the post will be deleted. Is this now the method of operation for all threads or only the ones that xxxxx you off.
Let's not forget that most of us are adults and expect to be treated like one.
Maybe a fishing trip is needed to let things cool off a bit.

Richard

Ken Salisbury
10-08-2006, 9:51 PM
Richard,

Please read this post:
http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=445437#post445437

Dennis Peacock
10-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Yup, I've seen it, I've read it, and I support what John Bailey, Ken, Keith, and others have stated in the thread. Unfortunately, forum moderation provides both a positive environment as well as one that is displeasing to others on the site. I do my best to be fair, honest, and upfront on any thread I remove. I also do my best to notify the thread "owner" why the thread was removed. But then, that's just me....cut from old cloth. ;)

Doug Shepard
10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Fitler Test Tread
Have you seen the ASHRAE Filter Test tread in the General Wood Fourm? It's been craved away like a Thanksgiving Turkey by our Super Moderator.
So as I read it, any diveation from the OP and the post will be deleted. Is this now the method of operation for all treads or only the ones that xxxxx you off.

Richard

Richard - I'm reporting this post to the moderators because of spelling errors.:D

Richard Wolf
10-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Doug, I fixed the ones I could. Be careful, your post will be deleted because it deviates from the OP.

Richard

Rob Bodenschatz
10-08-2006, 10:50 PM
As does yours, Richard.

And mine.

:eek:

;)

Dennis Peacock
10-08-2006, 11:28 PM
LOL!!! Too funny....Spelling errors. Whoops...now my post is not on topic.....

How 'bout them threads? :rolleyes:

Lee DeRaud
10-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Figuring out what constitutes an off-topic post in the Off Topic Forum is way too metaphysical for me. :p

Steven Wilson
10-09-2006, 1:05 AM
If it discusses woodworking then it's off topic.

Mike Wenzloff
10-09-2006, 1:28 AM
Please read this post:
http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=445437#post445437
Which of course brings us directly to Keith's post, the last in that locked thread, where it is written:

"Anyone who is dissatisfied with the way things are done around here should move on or adjust to the way things are done here."

Of course, if I mention anything about that thread, or the inconcisten...oops. Almost finished that word.

Yes, the perhaps the thread on the ASHRAE Filter Test is now dead. Perhaps died an unnatural and untimely death due to the editing and warnings.

If I comment on Keith's quote as applies to evidently the Filter Test thread as brough into this benign post in the Off-Topic forum by the Super Moderator, in all likelihood your thread will be expunged as well, Richard.

But by Ken's pointing to that warning, I suspect it means discussing the Filter Test thread may carry consequences.

Take care, Mike

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-09-2006, 2:31 AM
Just a question, if you guys know who the 2% are, why not just ban them?

If you figure that a very small handful of "Trouble Makers" or "Cry Babies" are the source of all of this discord, why not just revoke their membership?

After all, it is your sandbox, you write the music, why not just tell them if they keep on with this 2% crap they will be banned?

Just curious is all (hoping I'm not considered a 2% er) :D

Mike Wenzloff
10-09-2006, 2:51 AM
Just curious is all (hoping I'm not considered a 2% er) :D
Gee, Stu--trying to get me tossed? I suspect I am on that list. But I don't think you are part of the 2% figure, Stu.

I wonder how the dance was? I wasn't invited, and it's been a while since I've gone to a dance [grade school I think] so I feel a little left out.

Take care, Mike

Ken Salisbury
10-09-2006, 4:18 AM

Those who actually act like adults are treated as such.

Richard

When the chronic complainers finally take a nap maybe I can actually get some fishing time in.

Ken Salisbury
10-09-2006, 4:22 AM
After all, it is your sandbox, you write the music, why not just tell them if they keep on with this 2% crap they will be banned?

:D

That's exactly what Keith is trying to tell them. They don't listen to that either.

Doug Shepard
10-09-2006, 7:26 AM
Doug, I fixed the ones I could. Be careful, your post will be deleted because it deviates from the OP.

Richard

Sorry. No disrespect intended. I just couldn't resist the irony on a thread about having posts deleted just because someone didn't like what you said.

Frank Fusco
10-09-2006, 10:07 AM
LOL!!! Too funny....Spelling errors. Whoops...now my post is not on topic.....

How 'bout them threads? :rolleyes:

How can you be off-topic in the "off topic" forum? :eek:

Rob Bodenschatz
10-09-2006, 10:10 AM

Easy. Make a woodworking comment.:)

Ken Salisbury
10-09-2006, 10:13 AM

You already know the answer to that -- the topic of this thread is the previous Filter Testing thread.

Please Frank, quit the nit pickin digs. We don't need them.

Rob Bodenschatz
10-09-2006, 10:43 AM
You already know the answer to that -- the topic of this thread is the previous Filter Testing thread.

Please Frank, quit the nit pickin digs. We don't need them.

Man, we can't even have any harmless fun around here.

Dennis Peacock
10-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Please allow me to see if I can clear up the clouds here just a bit:
"Is this now the method of operation for all threads or only the ones that xxxxx you off."

Good qestion and it deserves an answer that I will attempt.

A person can read "into" the following statements all they want, but it's honestly not pointed at any one person but to aid in providing some clarification and my thoughts on all this ruckus of moderating. So grab a cup of your favorite beverage and read as if you were reading one of your favorite woodworking articles.

It's my job as a moderator to take care of posts and threads if they are out of line or of questionable content for kids of all ages/genders to view/read and take proper action to best provide a Rated G environment. The TOS is my guideline and my judgment of what should be allowed or not is just that, a judgment call.

I've never had a thread that I was moderating to make me mad or ill unless it was attacking me as a person. I then take it offline via PM to the offending person and talk with them there. A public forum is not the place to deal with issues between two people. Taking it offline as an act of respect for the "other" person and I always hope the "other" person does/feels the same.

Ken, as well as many of us moderators have dealt with attacking PM's, slandering emails, and ill-tempered members for almost 4 years now. There are times where I just want to throw in the towel and become a regular member of SMC just so I don't have to deal with the "stuff" that goes on. But, out of respect to the general membership, I keep on doing what I've been asked to do.(remember? It's a judgment call and the overall membership via "Report This Post red triangel" is one gage we use).

Remember, in general, SMC is a place for meeting other woodworkers, sharing what we've learned to help improve each others quality of work, learn new techniques of woodworking that many of us have never experienced, and to share all of your accomplishments in the realm of woodworking...regardless of the skill level a person is at. It's all about a Hobby of woodworking, remember?

Now, let's all tie the horses up at the corral, put the saddles in the barn, and rest fer a spell on the front porch of the general store and talk about old times.:D

Rob Bodenschatz
10-09-2006, 2:45 PM
Was my post about defining fun not being fun really deleted? Wow. Who did I offend with that?

Mike Wenzloff
10-09-2006, 3:19 PM
Was my post about defining fun not being fun really deleted? Wow. Who did I offend with that?
Mine as well...

Take care, Mike

Doug Shepard
10-09-2006, 6:40 PM

I think this is an example of a recursive question, since it and my response are very likely to vaporize too.

Alan Simpson
10-09-2006, 7:57 PM
Has Bill Pentz responded to it yet? :confused:

Ted Boxman
10-09-2006, 11:09 PM
No, he hasn't.

Scott Henderson
10-10-2006, 9:14 AM
Ted! Whassup, dog:confused:

Ted Boxman
10-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Hey Scott! Thanks for inviting me over here. Looks like a....subdued but friendly place. So far.