PDA

View Full Version : Marginally on Topic: Resawing (& Rant!)

Jay Kilpatrick
02-25-2003, 9:43 AM
Well...I'm sure the Jet 14" CS Bandsaw has good capacity for my budjet, and I've enjoyed using it (here comes the but), but since I got the lathe I'd like a little more. So I saves up my mad money for the riser block and associated needs to upgrade.

Well...I get this call from Sears for my wife, using her maiden name. Seems LOML has a card with them that has a balance that hasn't been paid on for a specified amount of time. To make a long story short, LOML signed for said card for MIL to get new tires for her car (MIL doesn't have a pot to wiz in...but that's another story to be :mad: over). Well MIL seems to have gotten more than tires, and then conveniently forgotten to make minimum payment for long enough that Sears tracked us down using LOML's SSAN. Card is now paid and cancelled.

Conclusion: I've got no more mad money, nothing to show for it, and I'm severely torked-off to the Nth degree.

Moral (which I'm familiar with, and now LOML is familiar with): Never mix family and money, if you're gonna loan it out...you might as well decide you're givin it away.
Thanks for listening

Steven Wilson
02-25-2003, 10:38 AM
Sue the MIL.

Phil Phelps
02-25-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Jay Kilpatrick
[B Never mix family and money, if you're gonna loan it out...you might as well decide you're givin it away.
Thanks for listening [/B]
Ever wonder why bars close? Wait 'till a kid spends his loan money and then says you can deduct it from their inheritance. And, I saw a commercial this morning, from some investment firm, that will let you can set up a college fund for you grandchildren! What are we buying into these days? If your goin' to stash mad money Jay, you should be the only one that knows about it. :( Let's get busy woodworking, so we don't go mad:p

William Parks
02-25-2003, 3:02 PM
Would it be fair to say the operative word in MIL is "M"?

Dennis McDonaugh
02-25-2003, 4:19 PM
No message (see this is why we need a no message format)

Dave Arbuckle
02-25-2003, 5:07 PM
"Mother in Law"

No *no message* needed because I typed in the reply box and left the subject line blank. Also, as I look in the Topic review, the subject lines don't show up...

Dave

Dennis McDonaugh
02-25-2003, 5:20 PM
Dave, how I put in a subject, but nothing in the reply and it wouldn't let me post--it said I needed something in both the subject and reply box.

Dennis McDonaugh
02-25-2003, 5:21 PM
okay, now I understand.

Gary Bindel
02-26-2003, 3:39 PM
I feel for you. When my kids were in college, my wifes ex was supposed to be responsible for the tuition payments. Frequently, we would get frantic calls from the kids to help because the ex failed to come up with it. BTW, the ex is an attorney and wrote the divorce agreement.