PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Vickers

Bud Zysk
10-08-2006, 6:42 PM
Stole that race. Trading paint is one thing. Wrecking the two cars ahead of you when you're in third and looking at the checkered flag is another. What a piece of xxxx. :mad:

Karl Laustrup
10-08-2006, 7:43 PM
Stole that race. Trading paint is one thing. Wrecking the two cars ahead of you when you're in third and looking at the checkered flag is another. What a piece of xxxx. :mad:

Gotta agree. Hope Hendrick sits him out the rest of the season as he's leaving anyway.

Karl

Corey Hallagan
10-08-2006, 7:59 PM
Nah... I don't think so. That's racing guys. I am not a Vickers fan.. but I don't think for a minute he wanted to wreck out two cars to get a win. It sucks but he sure as heck didn't do it on purpose. Restricter plate racing is like going to Vegas.... plan on losing money..... or plan on getting wrecked out.

Corey

Scott Coffelt
10-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Doesn't make it any easier to swallow. At some point you need to use your brain, wrecking two chase contenders in one fail swoop. I am sure he was trying to pushing Jimmy along, but you got to know when to push and when not to, that was a not too. I was mad as heck to see JJ wrecked, but many a fan loves #8 and I am sure that was not a fun place to be. Oh well, off to the next race.

Corey Hallagan
10-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Yup I was sitting on my fantasy picks with Earnhart, Jimmy, Burton and Vickers! Was looking pretty good with 10 to go :)

Corey

Robert Mickley
10-09-2006, 9:03 AM
While being a Fan of both DEI and Childress, Hey I like to spread the love around. I honestly feel Brian just misjudged a little as he was getting behind Jimmy Johnson. He's not stupid, how often do you see him wrecking other drivers for position?

Oh though till I see the video again on Inside Nextell cup tonight I with hold further judgement.

Bruce Page
10-09-2006, 3:16 PM
While being a Fan of both DEI and Childress, Hey I like to spread the love around. I honestly feel Brian just misjudged a little as he was getting behind Jimmy Johnson. He's not stupid, how often do you see him wrecking other drivers for position?

Oh though till I see the video again on Inside Nextell cup tonight I with hold further judgement.

I agree. Vickers is a pretty clean driver. Heck, Jr. wasn't even that upset over it. Jimmie on the other hand....:mad:

Robert Mickley
10-09-2006, 8:47 PM
I agree. Vickers is a pretty clean driver. Heck, Jr. wasn't even that upset over it. Jimmie on the other hand....:mad:

Don't get me started on Jimmy and Jeff Gordon.

Inside Nextel cup is on and they started out with the crash :D From the rear cam of JR's car you see Jimmy dive below him to pass and you can see him lose speed as he gets up alongside JR. Brian just closed really fast and as he broke left to clear JR he gets the corner of Jimmy.

I would have loved to seen JR win. But thats racing it was an accident plain and simple. Jimmy didn't have enough car to get around JR without Brians help, he just helped a bit too much

Gary Whitt
10-09-2006, 9:44 PM

Dale Earnhardt won a lot of his races that way.

So has Gordon.

So did Richard Petty.

So did David Pearson.

That's racin!

Corey Hallagan
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Don't get me started on Jimmy and Jeff Gordon.

Inside Nextel cup is on and they started out with the crash :D From the rear cam of JR's car you see Jimmy dive below him to pass and you can see him lose speed as he gets up alongside JR. Brian just closed really fast and as he broke left to clear JR he gets the corner of Jimmy.

I would have loved to seen JR win. But thats racing it was an accident plain and simple. Jimmy didn't have enough car to get around JR without Brians help, he just helped a bit too much

LOL.... it was actually pretty funny tonight wasn't it. They weren't going to let up on Vickers. I thought it was funny when Vickers said they were worried about the hauler driver on the way home!

Yup, in the old days as Gary says that was all allowed, just move them out of the way. I remember watching Pearson, Petty and Allison mixing it up when I was a kid. That was back when you were lucky to catch 3 or 4 races a year and most of those were taped for wild world of sports on abc.

Corey

Jeff Cybulski
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Dale Earnhardt won a lot of his races that way.

So has Gordon.

So did Richard Petty.

So did David Pearson.

That's racin!

Gary's right - it's the nature of racing. The "hit" was clean in my opinion.

Robert Mickley
10-10-2006, 8:31 AM
LOL.... it was actually pretty funny tonight wasn't it. They weren't going to let up on Vickers. I thought it was funny when Vickers said they were worried about the hauler driver on the way home!
Corey

I don't think I would want to be on the recieving end of Waltrip and Schrader :D Those two can be relentless. Especially Schrader.
Vickers took it all in stride though.

Jerry Clark
10-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey-- don't forget Earnhardt Sr. He won a lot of races that way also! That's racing! Don't leave until the checkered flag is waved ether. :eek:

Fred Voorhees
10-10-2006, 7:36 PM
Gotta add my two cents here. In my opinion, it looked as though, first and foremost, Jimmy Johnson was way to close to Dale to swing down low. He darned near clipped the rear of Dale just in doing that. But that is neither here nor there. Dale admitted that when Johnson dove low, he tried to quickly block JJ and in that split second, JJ probably checked up and with Vickers so close, Brian had nowhere to go and that is where the clip came into play. Racing incident. No fouls.