PDA

View Full Version : Howdee

Jack Dickey
10-07-2006, 9:40 PM
Found this place in a search for something else .. Bout normal , wish I'd found it earlier ...

Dan Oliphant
10-07-2006, 9:45 PM
Howdee back at you. Welcome to the creek. Tell us a little about yourself. What is your skill level, what do you prefer to build, what have you built???????
Lots of picture are mandatory:) Both shop and projects!!!

Jack Dickey
10-07-2006, 9:59 PM
Well I got three or four more hairs than you .. Maybe .. last time I hadda beard it was bout as silver white as yours ...
Middle of middle aged .. dont seem so old anymore .. Lucky that I have a shop in my barn .. Never enuff room tho' ..
Skill level ?? up there somewhere ... Been piddlin in wood most of my life , only last ten or fifteen years I really started getting serious with things .. Had a couple great masters show me the ropes , the first taught me lots and I didnt even know it at the time .. Now that he is gone I have another great master carpenter who is a great and patient teacher .. I feel lucky , he's like a father figure and a great friend ..
Get most of my material green from a little sawmill .. Do a lot of tables and furniture .. Always learning as I go ..
Alone in the shop is good therapy ..
Firearms and reloading ammunition is my other love ..
Life is Good

Dennis Peacock
10-08-2006, 5:15 AM
Howdee Jack. Welcome to SMC. Great place to visit with a bunch of great folks. Welcome aboard. :D

Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan
10-08-2006, 5:41 AM
Welcome from Japan Jack!

Great to have another member that can show us some nice stuff............. hint hint :D

Yes, we love pictures, nothing fancy, a barn/workshop shot, and some of you tables etc, we always seem to learn something from looking at others work and workshops.

Cheers!

Bob Childress
10-08-2006, 8:00 AM
Jack, you are most welcome! A great place to visit and teach or learn, depending. Show us your stuff!! :)

Jack Dickey
10-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Will throw up a few pics later today maybe , headed out the door soon .. Thanks for the welcome ..