PDA

View Full Version : Article about Jim King's Company

John Timberlake
10-05-2006, 8:52 PM
I was at the St. Louis Woodcraft store last night a picked up a copy of "World of Wood" journal free. The price was right (I also bought something). Tonight was reading an article called "Report from Peru" written by Mercedes Galo Guerra. She works for our own Jim King in Iquitos, Peru. She describes her adventures of going out to find flowers and leaves of the pink flame tree. Very interesting. She talks about "male" and "female" flame trees, although they are actually not the same species. Good article if you can get a copy. Good advertising for Jim's company Exotic Wood World. It is in Volume 59, Number 3 for May/June 2006. Good job, Jim.

Corey Hallagan
10-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks John for the heads up. Jim congrats to you and your crew!

Corey

Wally Lloyd
10-06-2006, 8:55 AM
When Mercedes reads this we will have to widen the doors!!!!!

Karl Laustrup
10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Jim and crew congratulations. Now if I can get my hands on a copy.

Karl

Joe Melton
10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
It can be found here:
http://xxx.woodcollectors.org/pdf/may-june-06-part-II.pdf

Substitute www for xxx in the above link.
Interesting article!
Joe

Jim King
10-06-2006, 3:52 PM
I thought some may be interested in seeing the woman who wrote the story for the International Wood Collectors Club that somehow got into the Woodcraft stores. Here are two photos , one of her eating the nasty salt /air dried then soaked and fried fish near the collection site and the other in the jungle collecting the Pink Flame wood specimans and voucher samples.

John Timberlake
10-09-2006, 9:48 PM
Thank for the pics, Jim.

Dave Richards
10-10-2006, 4:23 PM
Jim, that's interesting.

Just the other day I was thinking about that PM you sent me a few months back and what became of it?