PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
10-17-2003, 12:03 PM
Howdy everyone,

Here it is Friday again and once again I won't get as much shop time as I would like, at least not doing what I want to be doing. Taking our grandaughter to Arkansas in the morning for a 3 hour train ride in the Ozarks as she has never been on a train and who knows, by the time she is an adult they may not exist anymore. I agreed to help my daughter and her friend build an iguana cage Sunday for the friend's rather large lizard. Hopefully, this won't take too long and I can get back to my Xmas projects.

So, how's the prospect for sawdust making in your shop this weekend?

Have a wonderful weekend all,
Bob

Mike Evertsen
10-17-2003, 12:42 PM
saturday I'll be finishing spreading gravel,,I hope to get in the shop and finish the front wall,,,,sunday work in the morning then football I"ll watch it in the shop while I clean,,,,,,

Tom Sweeney
10-17-2003, 2:22 PM
Isabel knocked a bunch of stucco off the side of my house. I'm going to knock off all the loose stuff & paint the block wall with some kind of masonry sealer so water doesn't get in & freeze & cause more damage. Chances of getting a contractor out between now & spring are slim to none so I just need to get it through the winter.

If I have any energy left I'll try to clean up the shop some more. My best friend wants to build an entertainment center for his place. I'll need to make some room to do a project that big -should be fun though. I found a local sawyer that has white oak for $1.85 BF (don't know if it's QS - I doubt it)so that's probably what we'll make it out of.

Church Sunday & LOML wants to do some clothes shopping :( Might be a good excuse to head down to Lowes in Delaware & pick up my PC sander :) !

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jim Becker
10-17-2003, 2:44 PM
The shop will get some well-deserved attention with final work and finishing on a glass-front bookcase for the kitchen, installing a new 30a 240v circuit for the MiniMax FS-350 moving in at the end of the month and general cleaning in between. There will also be some painting on trim work if I have time...SWMBO has an early flight on Sunday morning to Phoenix and I don't know if we are going to camp out with my regular mistress, Marri Ott near the airport Saturday night or if I'll have to pry her out of bed at pre-o-dark-thirty to be at the terminal very early. (Neither of us is a "morning person"...) If I go to the airport, I'll have less time for other things.

Jerry Baldwin
10-17-2003, 2:48 PM
Well, I hope to redo my wood storage. In my small space, I'm thinking of doing away with horizontal storage and just going to vertical storage. I know it's not ideal storage but the horizontal storage is just not working for me - I can't get to the ends of the rack.

Also, need to pull things out for the community garage sale next weekend.

Dominic Greco
10-17-2003, 2:50 PM
This weekend my wife is throwing me a party for my 40th birthday.
I know, my birthday was last Friday. But since my niece's 16th birthday was the 13th of October, my sister had her party last week (the kids come first). And with the size of my family, getting them all together once a weekend is hard enough as it is. So we made it for this Saturday.

It oughta' be pretty cool. If I can persuade SWMBO that she doesn't have to scrub the curb, and straighten every blade of grass just because we have people coming over. :D

After the party, I hope I'm able to spend some time in the shop. I have to put the finishing touches on some potpourri bowls and start another production run. Gotta have a full inventory for the holiday season!

See ya,

Jerry Baldwin
10-17-2003, 2:51 PM
...SWMBO has an early flight on Sunday morning to Phoenix.

Better tell her to pack shorts - we're having record heat out here right now.

Jim Becker
10-17-2003, 2:55 PM
Better tell her to pack shorts - we're having record heat out here right now.

I'll let her know, but she'll be "suffering" in the air conditioning for a conference the whole time she's there. I was originally going to tag along as I have a number of woodworking friends in the Phoenix area as well as a good friend up in Chino Valley, but I have to visit Detroit this week on business for a couple of days. Heck of a trade-off... :rolleyes:

Ted Shrader
10-17-2003, 3:32 PM
Sanding, sanding, sanding ...... and possible some stain on a walnut hutch that has been underway for a considerable period of time.

Everybody be safe,
Ted

Mike Mastin
10-17-2003, 3:46 PM
I hope to get the majority of the move finished this weekend! We have move all of the long lumber to the new facility, but still need to move all of the turning woods and shorts.
If I ever move again it will be to go out of business! I am getting too old for this kind of work :-)

Doug Littlejohn
10-17-2003, 4:09 PM
No direct shop time but indirectly sorta. I'll be hopefully finsihing off getting my John Deere Gator up & running with it's power dump bed. The winch will have to wait for another weekend, what with my very bad back, I need this thing running.

Then on Sunday it's off to spend some time with mom (we had to move her close as she's getting on) and then out to dinner and a Tim Conway / Harvey Korman show with friends and mom.

Then on Monday, it's off to Avila Beach (Central Coast, Claifornia) for 2 days with some other friends for R&R and some fishing!!

Phil Phelps
10-17-2003, 4:21 PM
And, for the first time since the router attacked me, I'm gonna' play golf. One of those stinkin' weenie scrambles, but golf none the least. Big D is blessed with great Texas weather in the low 80's. I'll savor the moment. Good week end to 'yall. :cool:

Chad Pater
10-17-2003, 8:50 PM
Finishing up corn harvest here in the upper midwest. I have a few days left. Yeilds are better then expected considering dry summer. Sunday is church then football...the Vikings haven't lost yet

Jerry Todd
10-17-2003, 10:38 PM
No shop time this Sat. Will ride my Harley to Daytona Beach and meet up with some former Co-workers from Miami. Biketoberfest should be fun. Will leave at 6 am and be back home at 7Pm. Perhaps some shop time Sunday after church. Need to finish my shop cabinets.
Jerry