PDA

View Full Version : Texas Woodpeckers Georgetown Texas 1st Meeting

Ben Roman
10-04-2006, 9:41 PM
Well it has taken a while to get it together but the Texas Woodpeckers club is up and running. We will be having our first meeting in Georgetown Texas at Rick Fleming's Shop. Rick happens to be a local woodmiser sawyer and has volunteered his shop and will have a demonstration on working with mesquite, filling voids with epoxy and finishing mesquite.

Date Nov 9th @ 7 30 pm.

I will post the address and directions shortly. PM me if you will be attending my LOML is making coffee and cookies for the meeting and we need a head count.

Ben
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=43469&d=1153862557

Mike Hill
10-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Ben: I RSVP'd, but it is really good to hear that a meeting has been planned. The topics sound very interesting also. Looking forward to it and hope many of those who expressed interest attend.
Mike

Ben Roman
10-06-2006, 9:21 PM
Any other texans out there interested in attending??

Fred Woodward
10-06-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm going to try to be there Ben.

Ben Roman
10-30-2006, 3:55 PM
The Address is @ Rick Flemings Sawyer Shop

2219 David Ferretti Dr.
Georgetown, Texas 78628

Rick's Cell phone is 512 657 1800

Ben Roman Cell 512 966 2220

I35 exit georgetown andice

make a right @ williams drive

Make a Left @ austin Ave

Make a Left on David Ferretti Drive

See you there

Ben

Ben Roman
11-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Hello All,

I would like to thank all the creekers that attended the 1st meeting. And a special thanks to Rick our local sawyer for both his hospitality and the tour of his sawmill and the mesquite techniques. I personally learned alot. Our next meeting will be at Mike Hills place in round rock 1st part of december for jewlery box lessons which include dovetails.

Our January meeting will be @ Tim Sulley place and we will learn HVLP finishing.

Our Feb Meeting will be at my place and we will cover sharpening.

Hope to see you there

Ben

Hans Loeblich
12-08-2006, 8:10 PM
Hi guys, I just joined the forums and I live in Austin. I'm interested in attending any future meetings so please keep me posted. Is there something I have to do to join the club, or can anyone attend? I'm just starting in woodworking so I have basically zero experience but I'm eager to learn.

Ben Roman
12-08-2006, 9:07 PM
Not a problem. We just had our December meeting but I have your email now for our next one.

And Welcome to the Creek!!!

Ben

Don Bullock
12-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Hello to all of you in Georgetown. Wow, it sure is getting to be a small world. My father grew up in Georgetown. My grandmother lived on Main Street for many years. We used to visit her every summer. Georgetown is a very nice place, but I'm sure that I wouldn't recognize it today.