PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw Workshop

David Sabot
10-04-2006, 2:34 PM
I was thinking of going to a workshop by John and Judy McDaniel in Michigan for CorelDraw and its use in laser engraving. Has anybody been to their workshops, is it worth it, should I look for a different training program?

Mitchell Andrus
10-04-2006, 3:36 PM
Balance cost and benefit. Another (better) option might be... Do and fail and learn. Even after classes you've still got to jiggle the mouse, put something into the machine and hit the button. Perhaps you should get a few training DVDs first, then decide.

You can buy a lot of your own time in front of the computer for the cost of travel, lost shop time and tuition.

Having said all that, there's nothing like seeing it in person.

Mitch

Mike McDaniels
10-04-2006, 7:32 PM
I totally agree with Mitch when he says to check the video learning route. I have reviewed both methods and for myself I decided to take the video route first because of my location. Secondly I need to be able to bypass things I know and continuously review parts when I need to. With the video you have less upfront costs from a wide list of vendors including the McDaniel's series. I just ordered the series from J. Steven Spence. I plan to get my base with this education then if I feel I am lacking certain information I can travel to one of the trainers for one-on-one training learning just the information I need. This will provide me with what I feel will be the best ROI. That's what its all about! I would like to repeat that this is all just my opinion and what I feel will work for me. The training I have gotten from this forum is the best training resource you will ever find and wish you the best of luck.

Debbie Gillett
10-04-2006, 11:48 PM
I was thinking of going to a workshop by John and Judy McDaniel in Michigan for CorelDraw and its use in laser engraving. Has anybody been to their workshops, is it worth it, should I look for a different training program?

David, Hi I am new. I was just wondering where exactly this seminar is going to take place?
Thanks

Mike McDaniels
10-05-2006, 12:10 PM
for info on the training I found it at coreldrawhelp.com/GroupTrainingSchedule.html

Debbie Gillett
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Thanks Mike:)