PDA

View Full Version : raised panel door machines

Doug Sinjem
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum and wanted to get input on the unique 250 doormaking machine and the ritter door machine. Does anyone have experience with either of the two machines? Would it be better going with a higher end shaper for door making that could also run moulding etc.

Regards Doug

tod evans
10-04-2006, 8:00 AM
doug, years back i ran a unique 250 in a friends shop for several thousand doors........it`s head-n-shoulders above the ritter system. for non cnc door making if i had the bucks this would be my first choice. you`ll still need shapers or a moulder in order to keep up with the production of the unique........welcome to smc! .02 tod

Steve Jenkins
10-04-2006, 9:30 AM
Doug,
Take a look at e-zdoor.com
This is not related to Dino's EZSmart.
The owner took the unique and ritter and improved them. You can do small mullions quickly and easily and it has single button selection for positioning of the cutterhead and work-stop.
I have seen one working and it is a sweet machine.
Steve

Doug Sinjem
10-04-2006, 1:55 PM
doug, years back i ran a unique 250 in a friends shop for several thousand doors........it`s head-n-shoulders above the ritter system. for non cnc door making if i had the bucks this would be my first choice. you`ll still need shapers or a moulder in order to keep up with the production of the unique........welcome to smc! .02 tod

Thanks Tod I appreciate your input.

Doug Sinjem
10-04-2006, 1:56 PM
Doug,
Take a look at e-zdoor.com
This is not related to Dino's EZSmart.
The owner took the unique and ritter and improved them. You can do small mullions quickly and easily and it has single button selection for positioning of the cutterhead and work-stop.
I have seen one working and it is a sweet machine.
Steve

Steve I will definately check out this system.

Steve Jenkins
10-27-2006, 6:03 PM
Hey Doug, just wondering if you have made progreess in your search for a door machine?
Steve