PDA

View Full Version : Pink Flame Wood Crib

Jim King
10-03-2006, 6:59 PM
The crib has about 90 small turnings including the dowels to hold it together. We made the swivels so it rocks from fine threaded bolts and small sheet steel. Carving hand done. This is a copy of a pine crib I took off the internet.

Mike Spanbauer
10-03-2006, 7:20 PM
That's some awfully pretty wood. Very well done. What's it finished with?

Certainly looks like you invested a lot of time in it and I'm certain that it will be cherised for years. Your child? Grandchild?

Mike

Jim King
10-03-2006, 8:15 PM
Mike:
I make these things because we need photos for a new web page we are making for our new exotic board program. People with the photos we take can more or less see what the project will look like if they buy these unknown woods from us.
As to who it is for my wife says it will go to the grandaughter who maybe some day will need it. This is the only wood in the world that stays pink that I know of. We have several subspecies of this wood which was last seen and documented in the late 1700īs . A couple of years we found it again. It is brittle and a bit difficult to work with but the end result is worth it and cannot be captured with a camera.

Bruce Shiverdecker
10-03-2006, 8:53 PM
The Red Flame looks great. The workmanship, as usual, is outstanding.

Bruce

Dan Oliphant
10-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Very nice workmanship, well done.

Dennis Peacock
10-04-2006, 1:12 AM
Very nice looking cribs Jim!!!!! Nicely done!!! :D

Karl Laustrup
10-04-2006, 5:48 AM
Beautiful wood Jim and as usual wonderful craftsmanship.

Karl