PDA

View Full Version : proof in the pics

Robert Mickley
10-03-2006, 2:38 PM
As of noon I'm calling the shop cleaned and reoranized. Of course now I won't be able to find anything. Biggest thing was building a new cyclone (thank you Mr Pentz). rerouting the ductwork. moved just about everything in the shop. The lumber rack is now mor easy to get to.

First pic is just after you come in the door and turn to your right.
You can see the corner of the drum sander lower left and just past it is the corner of the SCMS. And of course the trusty Delta cabinet saw and my jointer is alongside that. To the right is my old Wallace bandsaw.

Second pic is a couple steps in and a 90 degree turn to the left
Left to right, My craftsman drill press
Yates american lathe with all the tools vehind that.
Spot welder under it and the trusty shop chair
Grinding station with chisels and late stuff
Clamp rack behind that

Make a trun to the left and your looking at the
CMS
Edge of the drum sander behind that
The 6X48 belt sander
The trusty woodburner.

Maker a 180
Lumbr rack, parts cart, planer and some cabinets
Router table is in the corner

walk foreward and turn to the right a bit and you see the
DC and the corner of the router table, sandpaper rack
Turning stock up near the ceiling

Scott Loven
10-03-2006, 2:46 PM
Wow, I am inspired! Is that a wood burning stove in the shop? My insurance company said that they wouldn't cover the loss from a fire if I had one in my garage shop.
Scott

tod evans
10-03-2006, 2:46 PM
robert, ya` want a few barrels of sawdust? nice shop man........but waaay to clean! tod

Robert Mickley
10-03-2006, 2:49 PM
Turn around and your looking right at the lumber rack
Thats about 490 BF of curley maple on the three center shelves. Some of its 7/4 thick.

Next up is a closeup of the new router cabinet. Made out of scrap cherry, and 1/4 sawn sycamore. FINNALY all the router stuff near the table where it belongs

Next is the backside of the saw. Look close at the outfeed table. Notice the ARCH in the bottom edge? This was the top from my great grandfathers workbench. It's woor so much thats where the arch came from. Got some more lumber storage for shorts. The big door to the outside. One of my cross cut sleds hanging on the door. and the corner of my folding assembly table in the foreground.

Better shot of the door, and you can see the door we came in. The switch and outlet on the left edge is the switch for the DC. Near the top edge you see a blast gate hanging from the ceiling, I roll the Drum sander or the planer over there and hook it up to use it. I still have to rn a pipe along the ceiling to the bandsaw and over to the CMS and the belt sander. Just past where we came in you can just make out another door. Thats my version of Stu's dungeon.

Last pic is the dungeon. Lots of stuff, including the panel saw which you just make out on the left.

Thats it

Robert Mickley
10-03-2006, 2:53 PM
Yes Scott that is a woodburner. Hopefully in the next couple weeks its gone. I have to run water lines from the outdoor boiler to the shop.

Todd. Don't worry it won't stay this way long

Jim DeLaney
10-03-2006, 3:16 PM
Robert,
It sure looks a lot different from when I was there a couple months ago...

Looks like a really 'workable' layout.

BTW, lemmee know if you decide that maple is taking up too much space - I might be able to take some of it off you hands. ;-)

Rick Gibson
10-03-2006, 4:10 PM
Actually that shop violates statute 13 par. 2347 regarding how clean a woodshop is allowed to be. You could get 5 yrs. in jail for having a shop that clean. Your only saving grace is it looks like a little cluttered with all the tools so you may only have to spend a year or so. I mean having a shop that clean is worse than bbq'ing with out a beer in hand and everyone knows you can get 10 years for that.

Nice clean up job, sure puts my shop to shame.

Robert Mickley
10-03-2006, 4:24 PM
I just bet you would Jim :D

Like I said, It won't last I went down after posating this and tore the drum sander apart :D It needed a little work But I actually knew right where to find a srewdriver!!!

Dave Ray
10-03-2006, 6:29 PM
Robert, now that you have the experience cleaning your shop up, come on down and help me. Plan to stay a while though. Great looking place to work, Robert, nice job and thanks for the pic's.

Dennis Peacock
10-04-2006, 12:44 AM
Hey Robert,

Whatcha gonna do with all that new found floor space? :p :rolleyes: :D

Looks good....almost too clean to call it a woodworking shop.;)

Robert Mickley
10-04-2006, 8:14 AM
Hey Robert,

Whatcha gonna do with all that new found floor space? :p :rolleyes: :D

Make a new mess :D in fact I have one started all ready

Tyler Howell
10-04-2006, 9:50 AM
Great work space Robert.
Picture police seal of approval.

Jerry Olexa
10-04-2006, 6:42 PM
Looks good. I envy you. Enjoy it!!

Ben Grunow
10-04-2006, 9:55 PM
Looks great Robert and I like the "transition" you made for the DC ductwork (rectangular to 4" round PVC). You took a page out of my book for that one.

Steve Clardy
10-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Yer just a couple of states away.
If you get to my area, yer welcome to stop and clean mine.;) :)

Robert Mickley
10-06-2006, 8:11 PM
Maybe I should start a shop cleaning service !!