PDA

View Full Version : Best price on a Jet mini?

Jerry Ingraham
10-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Recently, I assisted my seven year old son in turning a small cedar bowl which he took to show and tell. His friends thought that it was pretty cool and when one of them spent the night this weekend, I helped him make one. Now, the floodgates are open! My wife volunteers at the school and boys have been bringing their parents up to her to meet them and ask if they can come over to make a bowl! How cool is that?
We've been making them on my Griz 14/42, which is fine but I'm thinking of buying a Jet mini to do this sort of thing and also to turn some pens. My 6 th grade daughter's teacher is open to a bowl turning demo in the classroom and a mini would be ideal for that. So, SWMBO said that a new lathe would be a good investment if it gives some kids an interest in something other than video games! I told her I thought the same:D ! What's the best deal anyone has seen on a mini or even a midi lathe? Apparently, I'm in the market!:D :D

Jerry

Daniel Heine
10-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Hello,

Rockler has the Jet variable speen mini lathe with a midi chuck for $275.00.

Dan Heine

Bernie Weishapl
10-03-2006, 1:40 PM
Woodcraft has the Rikon with a 12" swing for $219.99 this month.

Jerry Ingraham
10-03-2006, 2:56 PM
Daniel,
I can't seem to find the Jet variable speed w/chuck on sale. Can you direct me? I have checked the Rockler website several times and can't find that price. Any help?
Jerry

Lars Thomas
10-03-2006, 3:22 PM
According to one Rockler manager a new Rockler branded Jet mini is coming out in the next week or so (10/9/06). It does not come with a chuck by is supposed to have pretty good specs. It MAY pay to just hang out for a few days. Although the current Rockler ad has the Jet mini (with chuck) on sale, it seems the stores don’t have any to sell.

Daniel Heine
10-03-2006, 4:30 PM
Hello,

I git a flier in the mail Friday with teh Jet cariable speed mini + a midi chuck for $274.95.

Thanks,
Dan Heine

Jerry Ingraham
10-03-2006, 5:19 PM
Hi Dan,
I think I may have that flyer at home, I'll check it out. I called the nearest Rockler store and they quoted me $329.95. I didn't ask them about the sale price cause I couldn't find anywhere, after I check the flyer I'll call them again. Thanks.

Dale Gregory
10-18-2006, 8:35 AM
Hi Dan,
I think I may have that flyer at home, I'll check it out. I called the nearest Rockler store and they quoted me $329.95. I didn't ask them about the sale price cause I couldn't find anywhere, after I check the flyer I'll call them again. Thanks.

When I heard of this great VS/Chuck deal, I immediately called the local store. They said that it was listed in the sale flyer, but Jet ran out of them quickly and they would not be getting any in. Kind of wierd that they still sell both the VS and the 5-speed models but at the normal price. I asked if I could just get the VS at the sale price without the chuck (still about 50-70 cheaper than they sell for) and they said sorry, we can only give the Sales Price on the Combo Kit (that isn't avail.). Kind of sucks, but it's out of the local stores control.