PDA

View Full Version : Our latest project

John Gregory
10-02-2006, 1:47 PM
We made this for our son-in-law to give to our daughter for their 5th wedding anniversary (Wood). We warned him that she would want to spend more money to fill it up. <grin> It is constructed using Red Oak and stained to match some previous furniture we made for them. We don’t do much wood working in the summer months, too many other things to occupy our time, such as yard work and family gatherings.

Our "inspriation" was a ubild plan, however it is modified a lot. Two drawers higher, an Inch wider, a different base. The plan called for continuous hinges for the wings and top. We did not like the idea of all of that shiny brass on it's backside, so we used different hinges. We also added some molding to the sides.

Thanks for looking

Don Baer
10-02-2006, 2:06 PM
Very nice. Sure am glad LOML didn't walk by when I was looking at it.

Matt Day
10-02-2006, 4:07 PM
You made that for your SIL, for him to give as a present? I wish my parents would give me stuff to give to other people as gifts!

Very nice piece btw.

Jerry Olexa
10-02-2006, 4:31 PM
Very nice work...Now you'll have to spend some green to fill it...Enjoy!

John Branam
10-02-2006, 4:48 PM
I used those same plans to make one for my wife last year. I also modified the base. I really like the way you did the panels on the doors, looks great.

Corey Hallagan
10-02-2006, 9:23 PM
Wow, that is fantastic John! Excellent!

corey

John Gregory
10-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments.