PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Powerfeeder

Rob Will
10-02-2006, 12:21 AM
Anybody know of a good Powerfeeder for a big bandsaw and where is a good place to buy one?

Thanks,
Rob

Phil Pritchard
10-02-2006, 7:15 AM
There's a Taiwanese company called Comatic (http://www.comatic.com.tw/english.htm) make a range of feeders for bandsaws. Look for resaw feeders on their site. I've had an AF-18 on an Agazanni Cosma 700 (28in) bandsaw for the last 5 years - this model was replaced by the AF-19, the main difference being the on/off plate to allow you to turn the motor on/off by poling it with the end of a piece. Not much use to me as I tend to run stuff through in a session.

The AF-18 can pull through 12 x 9in pitch pine pretty much as fast as my Trimaster can saw it. I have both the serrated wheels for rough work and the PU ones for ripping veneers. It was expensive but has been well worth the money.

Laguna sell these in the USA amongst others

Phil

tod evans
10-02-2006, 7:58 AM
rob, phil has it......comatic makes units in various colors yellow, green, gray ect..... steff also makes one for quite a bit more bucks as does scmi. i use the "yellow" comatic.......here`s a pic.....tod

John Renzetti
10-02-2006, 8:12 AM
Hi Tod, What's the price range of the Comatic that you have. I think they are in the $1500 range. Sunhill carries them in the white color version. If I can remember correctly the SCM Steff versions are in the $3k range.
take care,
John

tod evans
10-02-2006, 8:23 AM
john, you`re right on with the price....02 tod

tod evans
10-02-2006, 9:51 AM
john, sorry i was in a hurry earlier.....if i`m not mistaken the larger scmi/centauro resaws use pneumatic feeders that are the cats meow but more than a little out of my price range....02 tod

picture (http://www.jjsmith.co.uk/stock/newstock.nsf/Pics/6E3549BC09AA6B6380256E7A006BCB49)

Mike Palmer
10-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Did, Anyone see the new Laguna feeder at the IWF. It looks really inovative. The drive mechanism kind of looked like a mini edge belt sander. This rides on the fence rail and has a pressure wheel on the opposite side. It was pretty slick. Another thing I liked about it was the speed of the drive belt is infinately variable over the range because it uses a VFD.

When, I was at the IWF I had put a deposit on a Powermatic that was on sale but when I saw the Laguna for the same price I changed my mind. I has not been officially released. It should be avalable in about 6-8 weeks.

John Renzetti
10-02-2006, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=tod evans]john, sorry i was in a hurry earlier.....if i`m not mistaken the larger scmi/centauro resaws use pneumatic feeders that are the cats meow but more than a little out of my price range....02 tod

Hi Tod, Darn, I thought I was on a numbers streak. Last night I was talking to a buddy on the phone while he was down to the last three minutes of an Ebay auction for his Kreg machine. I said that will go for $500. It did. I was about to give you a call and give you a lottery number. Retirement here we come. :)
I didn't see them at this IWF but I believe I looked at that big feeder on the 36" SCMI bandsaw at the 2004 IWF. The feeder makes the saw look even bigger. I'll bet 20-30yrs from now people will be grabbing those big 36" SCM's like they are getting the Northfield's and Tannewitz' now.
That feeder has got to be in the $5k range.
take care,
John

John Renzetti
10-05-2006, 8:06 AM
Hi, I got a flyer from Wilke Machinery in York PA yesterday and they have the AF-18 Bandsaw powerfeeder on sale for $1295, down from $1595. I think this is the one that Tod has. The AF-16 is $649.
take care,
John