PDA

View Full Version : Second Turn, first done

Chris Baer
10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Well on my second turn on my Dad's lathe I just got bored on Sunday and decided to grab an old piece from the wood pile and started turning. Had no clue for sure what I wanted it to end up. I just let the wood talk to me and I came up with two in one candle's or unity candles. I'm going to a wedding next weekend and it will be one of my friends gift from my wife and I and that adorable redhead you all see on here. Hope you all enjoy. The wood is eucalyptus, the stain is red mahogany lightly brushed on and the finish is high gloss Mar. Enjoy everyone .:D :o :confused: :)

Pete Jordan
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Nice job Chris!

At first glance I thought it was a cream puff which made me go for a snack.
I'm sure friend will appreciate your gift!

Don Baer
10-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I guess I'm going to have to start scheuduling lathe time and charging him for my Materials..:D
I don't mine the lamps so much as the wood..;)

Mike Vickery
10-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Nice work. I wish my dad had a wood pile to steal from. Make sure to stay out of my yard!

Bernie Weishapl
10-02-2006, 12:11 AM
I guess I'm going to have to start scheuduling lathe time and charging him for my Materials..:D
I don't mine the lamps so much as the wood..;)

Don I think Rikon has them on special this month for $220.:eek: Better get a second one then you know the old saying. No standing in line. :p :p

Chris nice job. I to thought they looked like a cream puff.

Don Baer
10-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Nah Bernie,
My next lathe will turn more then 12" and have more then a 1/2HP motor..
One thing about turning BIG pieces on a little lathe, it teaches you a light touch..DAMHIKT

Looking at mustard or Mayo for the next lathe..:D

Chris Baer
10-02-2006, 1:06 AM
I guess I might have to dub them the nicknames "The toasted cream puff candles"

Ernie Nyvall
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
It's fun to see what you can come up with from a wood pile... especially someone else's. Nice job Chris.

George Conklin
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Nice job Chris!

At first glance I thought it was a cream puff which made me go for a snack.
I'm sure friend will appreciate your gift!

LOL:D Now, that was funny!

Nice job, Chris. It looks like you're turning out to be a "wood" chip off the old block!;)

Tom Sherman
10-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Nice job Chris, looks like dad better hustle up some more wood soon. With both of you turning his stash won't last long.

Lee DeRaud
10-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I just let the wood talk to me...Whenever I do that, it usually says something like, "Dude! What the heck were you thinking?!?" :cool: :eek:

Very nice candles/lamps.