PDA

View Full Version : Help with Corel (12)

Barbara Buhse
10-01-2006, 8:42 PM
I have 50 pieces of acrylic to engrave, all with different photos. The photos are rectangular, and the acrylic has an arched top.
How do I NEATLY arch the top of the pictures?
remember, I have to do this to 50 differnt pics, so I'm hoping someone can tell me how to do it easier than "by hand" cropping.

Barbara

Steve McKee
10-01-2006, 9:26 PM
Hard to say for sure without knowing what the photos are exactly but I would think power clipping might work. I just did a series of 8 photos on tiles for one customer, all I did was set one up with the proper dimensions, import and powerclip the first photo, save it, extract and delete that photo, import the next, etc. etc. etc. Took all of about 2 or 3 minutes. Only problem with this of course is you will lose some of the photo once it is clipped, of course cropping would give you the same issue.

Joe Pelonio
10-02-2006, 8:46 AM
Power clip would work. Here's another way. Take the shape of the acryic with arch and do a countour on it for whatever margin you want, say 1/4" inline. Then take that shape and pull the bottom two point up to the top resulting in a shape that can go over the top of the photos to block it from engraving. Make sure it's white with no outline.