PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Golf Club Storage Rack

Karl Laustrup
10-01-2006, 12:37 PM
After spending some time checking through sites that I know about looking for plans for something like this

I have come up empty so far. I think I could do it without plans, but having plans would certainly speed up the process.

I'm hoping someone can direct me to some plans so I can make one of these stands.

The ones I've seen in stores are pretty cheaply built using mostly pressboard. I have enough wood to make my own, so I figured why not.

Thanks in advance.

Karl

Art Mulder
10-01-2006, 1:23 PM
Haven't got any plans, myself. But I would just take a tape measure into the store and get a few of the major dimensions off of the display model.
After that, it should be much easier to make your own plans.

tod evans
10-01-2006, 2:05 PM
sorry karl no plans either.......but think how many new tools you could buy if you gave up chasing that little ball all over heavens half acre;) .....tod

Mack Cameron
10-01-2006, 3:50 PM
Canadian Home Workshop magazine June 2003 has exactly what you are looking for. It's called Personal Caddy pge 37. I don't have a scanner, best I can do is a hard copy. Msg me your mailing info if you are interested.

Karl; I need your ZIP

glenn bradley
10-01-2006, 3:55 PM
What are you doing out spoiling a perfectly good walk by chasing an elusive little white ball? Especially when you should be in the shop?

Boy, you're getting a lot of grief but no help with those plans. . . sorry about that, couldn't resist. Thanks goodness for Mack!

Pete Simmons
10-01-2006, 4:08 PM
Why would anyone STORE golf clubs.

Use them!!!!!

Maybe living in Florida makes this a little easier?

Karl Laustrup
10-01-2006, 4:24 PM
What a bunch of comedians, but don't quit your day jobs. :D :D Thanks for the laughs. :D

Just got a phone call from Mack Cameron up in Canada. He was confirming my address so he can send me a magazine that has just what I'm looking for. :)

Mack, THANK YOU very much.

Don't know of any other place where something like this would happen. What a great bunch of people here on the "Creek" [even the comedians]. :D

Karl

Lee Schierer
10-01-2006, 4:59 PM
I have a dimensioned cad drawing of the exact stand that I made for a friend for his son. I can send them in autocad or bitmap format.

Karl Laustrup
10-01-2006, 5:33 PM
Lee sent you a PM.

Karl

Gene Fisher
10-01-2006, 7:01 PM
Here's one from Popular Woodworking project plans.
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features/fea.asp?id=1231

Karl Laustrup
10-01-2006, 8:25 PM
Thanks Gene.

This is great. It looks like I'll have three sets of plans to look at.

Thanks all.

Karl

Jim Becker
10-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Hmmm...I just have them upstairs from the shop. 'Haven't touched them (except when "cleaning" up the space once) in about 6 years. If I'm going to play in the rough, I'd rather it be a piece of timber on the jointer... :D

Al Willits
10-02-2006, 9:08 AM
Karl, perchance you fine a plan ya like, if ya could let me know where to get one, I'd appreciate it.
Looks we're in the same boat almost, retirement is a few years away and that's what I plan on, wood working and golf.

Where's the water park capital of the world btw???

Al

Karl Laustrup
10-02-2006, 11:32 AM
I'll let you know what I end up with Al.

Wisconsin Dells, WI. I'm sure you've heard about us. ;) :D We now have 5 or 6 resorts [I lose track] with indoor waterparks. We have the largest under one roof and we have one resort that now has 4 separate indoor water parks as well as 3 outdoor and they're still building more. We are also home to Noah's Ark one of the premier outdoor water parks and several other outdoor water parks.

Karl

Al Willits
10-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Dells..hummmm, seem to have heard of them....:D
Ya, wife and I have been planning on going for years, we'll get there someday.
I hear the boat tours are nice...just wonder if they'll let you cast for Muskies off the deck??? :)

Don't think your all that far from Mpls if I remember right?

I emagine there's the invite to come stay with you for a week or two...right????

hehehe:D

Al