PDA

View Full Version : My poor table saw......

Josh Goldsmith
09-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone! Yesterday i was building some cabinets for a friend and after a long day i was exhausted. Well when i woke up this morning i walked outside and i noticed that i either lightly rained or got really dewy and my table saw got wet:eek: . What steps should i do to prevent any rust or anything that would hurt my saw? Just my luck. I have a 2 car garage that i do all of my woodworking but this last month i started restoring my 1970 C10 truck so i didn't want to get dust all over my truck parts so i moved the table saw outside to work. Stupid mistake! Someone please help me. Thanks Josh

I am not sure if it makes a difference but the table saw is a Craftsman 22124.

Jim W. White
09-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Josh,

Wipe it off completely and then spray down all the cast iron with some WD40. Wipe this off completly after sanding if necessary to remove any oxidation. Finish up with a coat of Johnson's paste wax (NOT car wax).

...Jim

Jim O'Dell
09-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Perfect opportunity to invest in a new cabinet saw!:eek: :eek: Just kidding. I would take some paper towels and wipe everything down as well as possible, even under neath where you can. Then spray liberally with WD-40. WD is a very good moisture dispelling product, and won't hurt the cast iron.
I would still take outside to use to keep the dust off the car parts, just put it back inside after you get through for the day. Jim.