PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 180 planer parts

Anthony Brinson
09-29-2006, 2:07 PM
Hello I'm trying to locate a 3 knife cutterhead for Powermatic 180 planer also a knife grinder motor with stone I want to swap out the optional quite cutterhead for standard Thanks in advance for any replies Anthony

Terry Briley
10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Try EBAY, Wisconsin Knives.
Also if you have the money convert to a SUNHILL spiral.
I don't know anyone that has done this because of the money.
Also DISPOZA BLADES are the route I am thinking of going.
You can get them from GRIZZLY.
These blades are expensive the first time, then cheaper and very easy setup next time.
In fact if you don't have the jig to setup the knives then this is what I would suggest.
But if you prefer traditional 3 knife carbide or hss, go with Wisconsin Knife Company.
Email me if you need the website.
terrybriley@hotmail.com

Joe Jensen
10-11-2006, 2:20 AM
Hello I'm trying to locate a 3 knife cutterhead for Powermatic 180 planer also a knife grinder motor with stone I want to swap out the optional quite cutterhead for standard Thanks in advance for any replies Anthony

Anthony, I am running a Terminus cutterhead in my jointer and I really like it. It's similar to a Tersa Cutterhead. The sweet deal is that they have an overstock sale on heads for 18" Powermatic Planers at only $595. The 12" head for my Powermatic is $1000.
Here is a link.
http://www.terminus-stl.com/indexMain.html

Chris Rosenberger
10-11-2006, 8:36 AM

Anthony I agree with Joe. Get the Terminus. I added one to my PM 180 this year & I love it. It is much better than the stock head. No more setting knives, less tearout. It is great.
Also you can not beat the price.