PDA

View Full Version : herc-u-lifts for 14.95

Jon Eckels
09-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Just a heads up, I was at the local Deep Homo this evening and saw the Rigid Herc-U-Lifts for 14.95. They normally retail at 50$ I picked up two, and they seem to be getting more of them in, so you might be able to find them at your local borg too. They're on clearance so I don't know how long they'll last. Just thought I'd share.

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks, Jon. I've looked at the Borgs in my area. They don't have them and have NEVER seen them. Guess it's "JUST AN EAST COAST THING>"

Bruce

Norman Hitt
09-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Thanks, Jon. I've looked at the Borgs in my area. They don't have them and have NEVER seen them. Guess it's "JUST AN EAST COAST THING>"

Bruce

Nah, Bruce, it isn't just east coast, 'cause we got them here in Tx also. I had the SKU # so they looked them up for me and showed none, but when I asked them to check the store in Midland (22 miles away) they showed 4 in stock. I drove over there and with the help of two HD employees we looked for over an hr, but no luck, but I kept looking and finally after climbing up one of their stair ladders, found them. I only went for two, but after spending almost two hrs searching, I just took all 4.:rolleyes: :D

The SKU # is 352-522 and they can punch it in on their computer and tell you which stores have it in stock and how many.

(mine were $14.70 each + tax and I bought them on Sept 01/2006)

Vaughn McMillan
09-29-2006, 6:53 AM
I've found them in the past at my local HD in the LA area (Sylmar). They were hidden behind one of the display table saws, with about two years worth of accumulated store junk (old signs, trash, etc.) on top of them. Had it not been for the one kid there who actually knows his tool department, I'd have never found them.

For $15 a pop, if I had any other uses I'd go looking for more. Heck, the wheels alone are worth nearly $15, even if you don't use the lift capability. (I have the Herc-U-Lift built into my TS-3650, but my attempts to graft one onto a Workmate have so far been less than spectacular, but not the fault of the lift itself.)

Art Mulder
09-29-2006, 7:49 AM
Nah, Bruce, it isn't just east coast, 'cause we got them here in Tx also. ...

The SKU # is 352-522 and they can punch it in on their computer and tell you which stores have it in stock and how many.

Maybe not the East coast only, but it does seem to be a US-only item.
I just visited www.homedepot.ca and punched in that SKU and got nothing. I also punched in "herc-u-lift" and got nothing. I finally went to the tool section of the web, and click on "ridgid" and looked through all their offerings... nothing.

Oh well, I was just curious.

Rob Russell
09-29-2006, 7:56 AM
Looks like a good deal, unfortunatley 300 lbs. isn't enough for most of the stuff I'd want to make mobile.

Sam Chambers
09-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I cleaned out my local HD a few months ago when they were marked down to $29.99. I'll have to check and see if they found any more!

Norman Hitt
09-30-2006, 9:00 AM
I cleaned out my local HD a few months ago when they were marked down to $29.99. I'll have to check and see if they found any more!

That's how I had the SKU #, because I had seen them on sale earlier this year in the Dallas area for 29.99 so I bought one then for my WW buddy's Ridgid TS for his Birthday, .....I even installed it for him. ;) :D I think one of them will work really well for the "Storage Table/cart" (I've yet to build) for when I want to remove the Mortiser from my MM FS 350 and move it to a storage position, and I have a few ideas for the others too. I was really surprised at the quality and finish of the metal they were made from, quite nice.

glenn bradley
09-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Just found 7 in SoCal.

Jack Ferrell
09-30-2006, 11:51 AM
Jon, thanks for the heads up. We have 3 HD stores; one had none, another had 2 for $14.70 ea (I got both), another had one open box missing the casters which I got for $7.35. I'll pick up some casters at the HF sidewalk sale next weekend. Three machines will soon be mobile.

Ernie Kuhn
10-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks to Norm Hitt and the stk # supply. Two Borgs in the area, one was empty, the other had one and saved it for me. $14.70+tax. Again, Norm, thankyou.
Ernie

Charlie Plesums
10-01-2006, 10:41 PM
... I think one of them will work really well for the "Storage Table/cart" (I've yet to build) for when I want to remove the Mortiser from my MM FS 350 and move it to a storage position, ...
You don't need a lift of the table to take the MiniMax mortiser off... A simple cart slides over the mortiser table in the upper postion, with braces under the mortiser table. Loosen the mortiser, then lower the table. Since the table is in the cart, an attempt to lower the mortiser table will actually raise the mount off the machine with remarkably little effort. Works like a charm.

Mike Goetzke
10-02-2006, 12:26 AM
O.K. I'm a sucker for these herc-u-lifts (probably because I'm an engineer). I put one on my 6" jointer about 1 year ago and just put one on a small stand for a 10" drum sander this weekend. I must have spent 3 hours on each due to the odd sizes of the stands. Especially on the one I assembled this weekend I had to cut/grind some of the leg away for wheel clearance.

They are great mobile bases once complete.

Mike

Norman Hitt
10-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah, Charlie, I know what you're saying, but I want to use these and make the cart a little different. They poured a 2' wide section along one wall of my shop at a later time and move that wall, (due to some code restriction finagling they were doing), but they didn't get the floor "Exactly level" there.......it has a little slope from the wall out to the joint, Soooooo anything I park along there has to have a method to lock it in place or it will roll out in the middle of my shop. Since I could buy this lift cheaper than good locking castors, and also only have one foot pedal to fool with, I can roll the cart in place along the wall, and then retract the lift with one foot and it will be solidly in place on the cart's feet and not move until I need it again.

As others have said, "You gotta DO, what you gotta DO".;) :D

Nathan Camp
10-02-2006, 12:55 AM
My Borg charged me $29.00 (on Sunday). Got it home and was missing parts and manuals:mad: . Plus, some parts were assmbled.

Well, there was a french manual that had the phone number. Called Ridgid and told them about the missing parts (mostly stuff I don't need to fit it to by BS1400, but was missing the mounting plates (both sets).

Ridgid said they would send out replacement parts.

Looks like someone bought it, took the parts they needed and returned it.

Thought I only had to worry about that at the blue Borg.:(

Let's see if I get the replacement parts.

Nathan