PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Furniture Show-Anyone attend?

Earl Kelly
09-28-2006, 9:56 PM
Did anyone from the Creek attend the Furniture Show in Milwaukee? If so what did you think? Would you go back next yr?

Glenn Clabo
09-29-2006, 9:53 AM
Wow...nobody went? The one in Providence is one of our must go events every year. I also believe Alan Young who has been on this forum before took a first for one of his tables.

Earl Kelly
09-29-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the bump, Glenn. I was at the Show, as an Exhibitor and was inquiring about peoples view from the "other side". There must have been a few hundred woodworkers come thru the show, my reason for the inquiry.

Yes, Alan Young won Best of Show traditional furniture.

Glenn Clabo
09-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Earl,
How was it from your perspective? Are you going to Providence?

Earl Kelly
09-29-2006, 4:21 PM
Glen,

I felt the Show was a success, even though I had no sales as of yet. The public seemed to enjoy the different styles of furniture and variations. The attendance was good for a first yr show. The Airline Center was first rate and Karla Little runs a great show. After the show she came by and personally thanked everyone for coming.

I wish I could do Providence, but only 30 days apart, would not work for me right now. I put off some commission work to finish up show pieces. So now the commission work comes first. And I have to be in Orlando the end of Oct. for a baby shower for my first grandbaby due Dec. 7th. I'm hoping I can plan for both shows next yr.

I talked to a few that attended only this yr, but plan to exhibit next yr. I feel next yr will be even bigger and better.