PDA

View Full Version : Attention UK Woodworkers

Ken Salisbury
10-14-2003, 9:41 AM
If you are a woodworker is the UK and make small items like pens, pencils, etc I have a customer for you. A lady in the UK ordered a Keyring with secret compartment from my website. Since I do not ship to the UK I had to reject the order. She seems to be anxious to get one somewhere. If you make these let me know and I will give you her e-mail address.

Ian Barley
10-14-2003, 2:44 PM
You know Ken - every time I see some if your good stuff I think I must get myself kitted out with a lathe to make some pens etc.

I am afraid that I am not the answer to this ladies needs, particularly with my current workshop move, but you can be sure that at some point I'm gonna be here picking your brains.

In the meantime, if I come across anybody who can help her I will let you know.

Ken Salisbury
10-14-2003, 5:49 PM
I am afraid that I am not the answer to this ladies needs, particularly with my current workshop move, but you can be sure that at some point I'm gonna be here picking your brains.

In the meantime, if I come across anybody who can help her I will let you know.

Thanks Ian - As far as picking my brain - you are welcome to try anytime. I am not sure how good of a crop you will harvest though :D

Mac McAtee
10-15-2003, 8:26 AM
Ken,
It is no big deal to send something overseas. I know it would take a little extra time, but all you have to do is fill out a small Customs Form. It has the address you are sending to, your address and a place to put what you are sending and it's value. The Post Office Clerk, tears off the part with the contents on it, it is green about 1 1/2" square and sticks it to the outside of the package.

There is no extra requirements for packing. You can pick up a handfull of the little forms from the PO and fill it out and stick it on the package yourself, just don't tear off the address ticket, let the Postal Clerk do that at the PO. You just pay the postage, it doesn't cost you any more to do it. If Customs Duty is due on the package it is due at the delivery point, not the sending point.
Mac

Ken Salisbury
10-15-2003, 9:20 AM
Ken,
It is no big deal to send something overseas. I know it would take a little extra time, but all you have to do is fill out a small Customs Form. It has the address you are sending to, your address and a place to put what you are sending and it's value. The Post Office Clerk, tears off the part with the contents on it, it is green about 1 1/2" square and sticks it to the outside of the package.

There is no extra requirements for packing. You can pick up a handfull of the little forms from the PO and fill it out and stick it on the package yourself, just don't tear off the address ticket, let the Postal Clerk do that at the PO. You just pay the postage, it doesn't cost you any more to do it. If Customs Duty is due on the package it is due at the delivery point, not the sending point.
Mac

Mac - i know all that - the cost was the issue - You can't afford to ship an $8 item to the UK - the shipping alone is a lot more than the product. If it had of been a larger order I would have done it.:D