PDA

View Full Version : A couple of turnings

Wayne Bitting
09-26-2006, 9:12 PM
While I haven’t been posting lately, I’ve still been around. Someone picked up our camera at a wedding by mistake and we just finally got it back, so here is a quick sample of what I’ve been up to while my flat work is drying.

The bowl is cherry and not only is the first bowl I’ve done in a while, I was my first try at using the Beall buffs. It measures approx. 7.5x1.75” and I had a heck of a time with trying to get the end grain smooth.

The other thing was my first attempt at doing a lamination project. I saw it online a few times that thought that it would look pretty cool. It started out looking good, but I don’t really like it much. My coworkers like it just because it was different.

I also finally finished up my first batch of Freedom pens, so hop over to that forum and check them out too! Thanks for looking and all comments good/bad/ugly are always welcome. Happy turning!

Don Baer
09-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice work Wayne. The bowl is realy nice. While I like the other's form the laminations are a little busy for my tates. I'm sure my son will pipe in otherwise.