PDA

View Full Version : Bargain tool alert

Dominic Greco
09-26-2006, 1:02 PM
Hey everyone,

If any of you are local to the Philadelphia area, I found some very reasonably priced tools on sale at PSI.

I stopped in to Penn State Industries' Showroom this past Saturday (with my 22 month old daughter in tow) and saw that they had a couple boxes filled with HSS and M2 HSS tools. And all were marked $10.00! There were some nice spindle gouges, a couple parting tools, a ton of roughing gouges, some skews, and assorted scrapers. They were in (2) card board boxes just underneath the area where pen blanks are displayed.

Would you believe that my daughter picked up a couple scrapers and wouldn't put them back until I bought them? :D (good girl!)

I just told my wife that they were early birthday gifts from her and left it at that. You know, I may have hit on something here.... This opens up a whole new world of possibilites! Guess who is going to be my "wood working store" buddy from here on out?:D

I intend to regrind the scrapers into negative rake scrapers. I'm not real fond of the lighter handles they install on the tools. But at that price I can make a new handle and still save a boat load of money.

Just thought you all would like to know of a real bargain floating out there!

Don Baer
09-26-2006, 1:05 PM
This can't be a stealth gloat since there are no pictures..:D

Why can't there be deals like that in the Phoenix area..:mad: