PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Conway Crew

Vaughn McMillan
09-26-2006, 4:14 AM
I know there are a passel of Creekers from Conway Arkansas, so I used Google Earth to see how big of town it is. I noticed there's a strip on the west side of town where the satellite picture looks like it's been intentionally distorted. It's bounded on the east by Country Club Road, and on the west by Westin. Is this a case of the Country Club members complaining and getting the aerial photos of their houses and yards obscured? Or is it just a missing slice of high-res satellite composite? I'm asking strictly out of curiosity. (Google Earth is a serious time-sucker. I've spent a lot of time exploring the country.)

Or perhaps it's a secret underground alien space command center, linked up to Area 51 and the secret underground military base under Denver International Airport? Yeah, I'll bet that's it for sure. :rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2006, 9:15 AM
Howdy Vaughn. Weeeeeelllllllllll Dawgy!!!!! You mean to tell me that they got some high falootin saty-lite and told it to take a fotey-graph of our lil'o Conway? Who-duh thunk it.

Don't know the answer to your question and maybe it was all the heat waves from folks makin' "shine" for the Country Club folks because this is a dry county. ;) Good question though. I do know that my house if inside the flight path of the military fly zone. LOTS and I mean LOTS of very low flying C-130's doing night maneuvers.:D

George Conklin
09-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Howdy Vaughn. Weeeeeelllllllllll Dawgy!!!!! You mean to tell me that they got some high falootin saty-lite and told it to take a fotey-graph of our lil'o Conway? Who-duh thunk it.

I do know that my house if inside the flight path of the military fly zone. LOTS and I mean LOTS of very low flying C-130's doing night maneuvers.:D

That there's the sound of freedom, Dennis. GOD bless our military:) .

When I lived in San Diego, I was located near NAS Miramar. I loved the sound of the jets flying close overhead. Then the Marines moved in and we were treated to the sounds of helo's rattleing the windows. I loved every minute of it:) .

Dave Richards
09-26-2006, 1:09 PM
I noticed that strip and the area to north were skipped in the last high res pass. You'll also notice if you look close Dennis' bunker entrance in his backyard. :D

Dave Richards
09-26-2006, 1:16 PM
I think something's up down there. Take a look at 34°59'01.08"N, 92°25'31.21"W. Make sure Roads are turned on. There's an Airport Rd with no airport. I'll bet they're trying to confuse people. :p

Andy Hoyt
09-26-2006, 5:43 PM
Vaughn - you were looking in the wrong part of town

Here's the "Access Hatch"

Steve Clardy
09-26-2006, 5:47 PM
Man I tell you what. After meeting 2-3 of this bunch from around Conway, they need to be hid, covered up somehow.:o :rolleyes: ;) :D

Matt Meiser
09-26-2006, 6:53 PM
They used to have the two nuclear power plants around here blurred, but now they are visible plain as day. On DTE Energy's Fermi plant you can clearly see the reactor containment building for the old Fermi I (google "The Day We Almost Lost Detroit") and if you ever visited the plant's visitor center in the pre-9/11 days you know pretty much where the the new reactor is. Of course you could pretty much see the same from the ground and figure it out.

Vaughn McMillan
09-26-2006, 7:55 PM
They used to have the two nuclear power plants around here blurred, but now they are visible plain as day. On DTE Energy's Fermi plant you can clearly see the reactor containment building for the old Fermi I (google "The Day We Almost Lost Detroit") and if you ever visited the plant's visitor center in the pre-9/11 days you know pretty much where the the new reactor is. Of course you could pretty much see the same from the ground and figure it out.
I've noticed you can see a lot of the government facilities south of Albuquerque, including Manzano Base, which, until the mid-90s, was a very large (and fiercely guarded) stockpile of nuclear warheads. Not much to see from the satellite pics, since the storage was done inside a mountain. You can still clearly see the triple security fence around the perimeter.

Lots of cool stuff to look at across the US.

Mark Cothren
09-26-2006, 9:16 PM
There are two CC's in Conway. The Conway Country Club is probably the one you are talking about. Interestingly enough, the housing near/around that club has not been the "primo" housing in Conway for quite a few years now. At one time I'm sure it was...

Any blurry areas around Dennis' location would likely be natural gas emissisons...:D

Mark Cothren
09-26-2006, 9:18 PM
Clardy, if Springdale is the only town in Arkansas you've been to, then you haven't even seen Arkansas. Springdale is like a whole different state. Hatfield has all the bluebloods up there in his neck 'o the woods...;)

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2006, 10:59 PM
Any blurry areas around Dennis' location would likely be natural gas emissisons...:D

HEY!!!!!!! I resemble that remark!!!!
:rolleyes:

Jim Dunn
09-27-2006, 7:17 AM
Could those blurry areas be from the saty-lite shaking when it passed over head? Seems to be a lot of hot air eminating (big easterner word) from that area at times:)

Dennis Peacock
09-27-2006, 9:11 AM
Could those blurry areas be from the saty-lite shaking when it passed over head? Seems to be a lot of hot air eminating (big easterner word) from that area at times:)

Well Jim....you could be right about that there saty-lite a shakin' when it flies by. Some folk like to bird hunt and then saty-lites is jest the ticket. ;)

eminating hugh? Wow....I guess I better start a lookin' that big word up. Now...would that be kinda like my old girlfriend Emma? She was quiet eminating ya know. ;)

Steve Clardy
09-27-2006, 10:19 AM
There are two CC's in Conway. The Conway Country Club is probably the one you are talking about. Interestingly enough, the housing near/around that club has not been the "primo" housing in Conway for quite a few years now. At one time I'm sure it was...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Steve Clardy
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Clardy, if Springdale is the only town in Arkansas you've been to, then you haven't even seen Arkansas. Springdale is like a whole different state. Hatfield has all the bluebloods up there in his neck 'o the woods...;)

Oh. I been around. I was born in Rogers;) :)

tod evans
09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
eminating hugh? Wow....I guess I better start a lookin' that big word up. Now...would that be kinda like my old girlfriend Emma? She was quiet eminating ya know. ;)

hole` on here..........my wife`s name is emma, you been frolickin` in this neck of the woods?:D

Frank Fusco
09-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Not mentioned is that the only really intelligent life in Arkansas lives in the north-central region. ;) Between two large, beautiful lakes, several equally beautiful rivers in the area, a National Forest minutes away. We want the satellite to stayed blurred.
Who would want to live anywhere else? Right, Tod?
Oops, just found out, we have reached the legal population max. Gates are closed except to visitors.

Dennis Peacock
09-27-2006, 1:09 PM
hole` on here..........my wife`s name is emma, you been frolickin` in this neck of the woods?:D

LOL.!!!!! Nope....the only gal I've been dating in your neck of the woods goes by the name of Powe-rmatic. ;) :rolleyes: :D