PDA

View Full Version : G0440 2 HP Cyclone Dust Collector

Joe Meazle
09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
I am considering the purchase of this unit. Does anyone have any thing positive or negative to say? Here are some of my considerations. I have a small shop (Cab. saw, 16" BS, 8" jointer 15" planer, 22"drum sander, router table and miter saw). It is replacing a Jet 1100 with canister filter. I have a dedicated 20amp Dust Collector circuit already in place. It will be going outside my shop under some type of oning. I have looked at Onieda, Penn State, Jet, Woodtek, and Clearvue. This seems to be the most bang for the buck. Given my limitations. I have seen Bill Pentz's website. Thanks for your help.
Joe

John Bush
09-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi Joe,
I have this unit installed in an attached shed and have been very pleased with it so far. I used 24 ga. snaplock pipe from an HVAC wholesaler and plumbed in 9 drops, with six in use now. I went a bit nuts and have the Ecogate system for 4 of the machines and find that it still "sucks" well if I have two machines on at one time. It should have plenty of power for your needs. I did a lot of comparison shopping and felt the performance of the Oneida and the Griz would be the same for me so it became a cost issue. I drove to Bellingham to pick it up, saved some bucks, but the big downside was I bought two other machines before I left. Having the unit outside the shop reduces the noise level a lot, but I mounted mine on the adjoining wall and there still is enough noise to drown out the stereo. I think you would be happy with the Grizz. Good Luck, JCB.

Rick de Roque
09-26-2006, 1:07 AM
Joe,
I don't have anything to add, since I don't own one, but when you get it I would be happy to give you a hand installing it.

Rick

Joe Meazle
09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
John,
Thanks that is just what I needed. I may build a stand with some type of protection from the weather intead of attaching to the wall. I was thinking about going up to sprinfield for pick but maybe I won't now;) :D

Rick,
I just finished getting the new cookstove in and have a couple of more honey dos to take care of. I will probally be placing an order in a couple of weeks. I won't have to change my ducting much but will need to come up with some kind of mounting syestem/stand.
Joe

Mark Cothren
09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Count me in for some "managed assistance"....(you tell me what to do and I'll do it)...:D

I'm curious to see it setup and in operation as I want to add an improved DC to my shop sometime in the near future.

Julio Navarro
09-26-2006, 3:36 PM
I installed my Bill Pentz cyclone using an aluminum tubbing gotten from an umbrella canopy.

I constructed a truss type armature stand. Its very solid and still movable.

And was easy to make. The canopy came with all the hardware.