PDA

View Full Version : Nice visit with Ken Salisbury

Dan Barber
10-13-2003, 5:22 PM
Ken stopped by this afternoon while in Nashville on some business. It seems he paid a visit to General Industrial Supply while he was here and found a Jet 16 speed drill press he just had to have.

As usual Joy and I had a very enjoyable time visiting with Ken and he had some good tales to tell.

He makes the first Saw Mill Creek visitor to our new house. After he saw the outdoor grilling area he said "You know what this means? You have to have a BBQ for Sawmill Creek"

So we've decided sometime in the spring - probably mid April - we'll be having our first annual "BBQ in the Boonies" at the Barber home.

I'll let Ken tell you the rest!

Cheers,

Dan

Bill Roland
10-13-2003, 5:29 PM
Dang, I missed him again. He is supposed to shout at me when he's in town to get a free lunch. He,He.

Dan, Hows the new internet hook-up?

Dan Barber
10-13-2003, 10:24 PM
Bill,

No Satellite internet service yet, just got the email confirming I am on their install list - sometime in the next 10 days I hope.

Drop me an email to arrange a visit some time in the nest few days. I'm off work all this week.

Dan

Ken Salisbury
10-14-2003, 9:06 AM
It seems he paid a visit to General Industrial Supply while he was here and found a Jet 16 speed drill press he just had to have.
I'll let Ken tell you the rest!

Cheers,

Dan

OK - Now that you have stolen my tool gloat and let the cat out of the bag, like Paul Harvey says "now the rest of the story".

It seems every time I go to GIS I see an "upgrade". This time it turned out to be a Jet JDP17MF floor mount 16 ½" drill press to take the place of my old-old-old Chicago benchtop DP. I was actually at GIS to talk about some arrangements I have with them for Woodworks 2003 when the upgrade bug bit me again.

Dan and Joy are a "joy" to talk with (no pun intended). They are remodeling the whole house and have done a remarkable job so far considering they have only been there 3 weeks.

Dan & Joy do have the "ideal" place to have a SMC BBQ. Lots of space and a "awesome" outdoor cooking facility on a rear porch. It is also centrally located so a lots of folks could attend.

p.s. Dan - you need to change your profile information since you are no longer "Dan from Mt Juliet TN" and now "Dan from Lebanon TN" :D

Thanks for your hospitality !!!

Dan Barber
10-14-2003, 10:23 AM
Ken,

Thanks for catching my oversight, all corrected now!

Dan

Ken Salisbury
10-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Dang, I missed him again. He is supposed to shout at me when he's in town to get a free lunch. He,He.

Sorry Bill - but I was somewhat time constrained. Maybe next trip. You don't know how hard it is to turn down a free lunch :D.

Try to drop by the Expo Center during Woodworks 2003 (Oct 24-25-26) and visit awhile.

D.McDonnel "Mac"
10-14-2003, 11:51 AM
All of you in the Nashville area that would like to go to the show and get in free need to go over to Woodcentral and contact Ellis Walentine or Bob Hutchings (sp) about volunteering at the Sawdust Cafe for a couple of hours. I did this at the Indy show and had a great time! (see my WC posting re: Indy Woodworks 2003). Heck I'm even thinking about coming to Nashville for the Show!

Bill Roland
10-15-2003, 9:48 AM
I will be at the show. See you there on Saturday.

Bill Roland