PDA

View Full Version : Mindless little projects

Mike Jones NM
09-25-2006, 7:18 PM
The significant other brought me a pattern awhile back for a "puzzle" chair and asked if I could make her one for her to do some art work on. Whipped one out and then found 2 other similar chairs, one smaller and one larger, and cut a couple out.
She took them to work to do the art thing on them in the down time but they sold before she could mess with them.
Now I am doing puzzle chairs at every opportunity for sale. Kind of non technical wood work but as long as they sell like hot cakes I guess I can't complain.
Anyone else stumbled on a hot item that takes no time to turn out but can turn a $$ pretty fast.
Oh, all the material for these is reclaimed wood from a remodel to there is no cost involved.

Don Baer
09-25-2006, 8:00 PM
Whats a puzzle chair ??:confused:

Mike Jones NM
09-25-2006, 8:11 PM
Little kids chair, has 6 parts that all slide together and are held together with one pin. Kind of neat to play with. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.
Don't think I am supposed to post links but there are lots of variations to be found at google searching for them

Vaughn McMillan
09-26-2006, 4:20 AM
Little kids chair, has 6 parts that all slide together and are held together with one pin. Kind of neat to play with. I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow.
Don't think I am supposed to post links but there are lots of variations to be found at google searching for them The second listing on Google links to a site that sells plans (and a license to build four chairs :rolleyes: ) with a 1 1/2 year guarantee. I just got a kick out of the year and a half's worth of faith the seller had in his product. :cool:

BTW Mike, whereabouts in NM are you from? You may have mentioned in the past, but I don't remember. I'm an ex-native, travelled much of the state, and still like the place a lot.

Mike Jones NM
09-26-2006, 8:20 AM
Vaughn, I'm down inthe mountains near Alamogordo. Have lived up around Grants and Gallup as well as over around Roswell.
Mike

Dennis Peacock
09-26-2006, 9:18 AM
The second listing on Google links to a site that sells plans (and a license to build four chairs :rolleyes: )

Wow Vaughn....You really should see someone about starting you a hobby of some sort due to you spending so much time on Google. Maybe try your hand a woodworking for a change. Too much time in front of the computer is bad on your eyes. :p :p :p :D

OK...a puzzle chair.........I'm curious.....I'd like to see what you are talking about Mike. Sounds pretty interesting.

Earl Reid
09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
For the past 20 years I have been making about 150 small cars that we give to the young kids at Halloween. When we have some left, we always find someone to give them
to. The reaction from the kids makes it very worthwhile.
Earl:) :)

Don Baer
09-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Mike sent me photos of the puzzle chair and they do look interesting. I'll make one for my grandaughter as soon AS I get thrugh my current project or when I need a break. Here are the pic Mike sent me.

Thanks Mike.

Mike Jones NM
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Appreciate your posting the pics. One of these days I'll figure out how to do it.
Mike