PDA

View Full Version : One of the best compliments ever...

Noah Alkinburgh
10-13-2003, 9:17 AM
Last night my grandmother was at my house. My dad was dropping off my mother from NY and grandma rode along so that dad would have someone with him for the drive home. This was the first time in a couple years she had been to my house. As I was showing her some of the things I had made on the lathe recently she said, "Wow you are really into this woodworking thing. Those are beautifull" and then came the best, she said "Your grandfather would have been very proud of you."

Well for me that was fantastic. Grandpa helped me make my first "nice" woodworking project. It was a gift for a girl in jr. high. He taught me about the difference between a sabre saw and a jig saw. Bought me my first drill, my first coping saw, and refinished an old mechanics toolbox for me. Yep, that was about one of the best compliments ever.

Noah

Tom Sweeney
10-13-2003, 9:36 AM
So what happened with the girl? :rolleyes:

Doug Jones
10-13-2003, 5:12 PM
Noah,
I can almost relate to what your saying, being my grandfather is my inspiration in my wood working and every time he compliments me on my work I get that "at-a-boy" feeling.

Remember that feeling for a long long time and when your kids and grandkids do something, make sure you give to them what your grand mother gave to you.

Doug

and yes,,,what happened to the girl in school????

Noah Alkinburgh
10-14-2003, 7:52 AM
I will surely remember that feeling. I think of him each and every time I use the tools he gave me.

Now the girl, that is a good question. She really liked the gift. The last time I saw her was when she was a guest at my wedding. But I haven't heard from her or her family in quite awhile. I will have to ask my parents if they have.

Noah