PDA

View Full Version : Sneak Preview -- COMPLETED

Tony Falotico
09-24-2006, 10:29 AM
I posted pic's of this piece a few weeks back, http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=41977 here it is again with a heavy coat of BLO and several very light coats of T&T Original. The T&T is somewhat difficult to work with, but light coats and lots (and lots) of hand buffing do make it worthwhile. It really brought some beautiful wood to life by deepening the walnut and beautifying the maple. I think I'm done, going to let it sit and cure for a week or two, maybe another coat of T&T, maybe not.

I do have a question, Can I put a coat of minwax finishing wax on it or should I stick with additional coats of T&T Original (Polymerized Linseed Oil and Beeswax)??

LOML is delighted with it, it was originally for our bedroom but has ended up in the living room and will stay there. It was a fun piece for me, lots of new techniques used and lots of lessons learned.

Jim Dunn
09-24-2006, 10:38 AM
Tony real nice shelves. I take it that vase is priceless?:)

Jeffrey Makiel
09-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Tony,
Can't answer your question...but that looks really good!
-Jeff :)

Corey Hallagan
09-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Tony that looks nice. Great project!

Corey

Richard Wolf
09-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Very nice project Tony. I really like maple but it seldom can stand alone. It really works with the walnut. Well done.

Richard

Jim Becker
09-24-2006, 10:36 PM
That's a wonderful and unique piece, Tony. Nice job!

Norman Hitt
09-25-2006, 12:48 AM
That's a very interesting design, Tony, and Beautifully done. 'Course since Mama's so happy and she put it in the living room to show it off, you've still got to come up with something for the bedroom.:D Must be time to buy another new tool, eh?:rolleyes: :D