PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Mesquite Show (couple pics)

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-13-2003, 8:35 AM
We got rained on this year. :(

Friday weather was fair and visitors seemed higher than normal, but Saturday the crowd was noticeably thinner as it rained the better part of the afternoon. Sunday also seemed slower than usual, tho the weather wasn't bad. Overall, it looked like most folks displaying had a 'good to excellent' show.

My queen bed got a lot of attention, and it and the nitestands sold early Friday afternoon. The nice lady let me keep it 'til Sunday afternoon to show...and that was good not only because the booth woulda been looking naked without it, but because I took an order for a king Saturday. :p

The Mission rocker also showed well, and also sold Friday. This buyer was also 'touristing' and left it with me until Sunday.

As usual, the Morris chair got a lot of lookers, a handful of them 'serious'...but none of them writing a check.

A lot of 'obvious' woodworkers stopped and chatted, but nobody introduced themselves...so if I talked to you, it was nice 'meeting' you.

Here's some pics of my display...hope you all had a nice relaxing weekend!

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/03booth2.jpg

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/03booth5.jpg

http://www.kcwoodworks.net/03booth4.jpg

Jason Roehl
10-13-2003, 9:04 AM
Those look great, KC! Congrats on the sales.

I've just never seen a bed made sideways like that, though. :D Or is it just for really short people? :D I'll bet it's about like the bed Ron slept in when he stayed at a log cabin near Grumbine's. :D

Lloyd Robins
10-13-2003, 9:19 AM
I love the Mission furniture! Keep it up.

Jim Becker
10-13-2003, 9:25 AM
"Bear"-ie nice! :D Sounds like the show was a big success! What's not to like about selling half your display so you didn't have to cart it home and picking up a bunch of new work? Great job, KC.

Von Bickley
10-13-2003, 11:38 AM
KC,

Great looking furniture and display.

Lee Schierer
10-13-2003, 1:21 PM
Nice work. Since the chair didn't sell, you can send it to me and I will store it for you :)

Great looking pieces as usual.

Ken Garlock
10-13-2003, 1:46 PM
That is some fine furniture you have there. I am surprised that you didn't sell it all the first day. :)

David Blangger
10-13-2003, 3:55 PM
Great work Kirk. Rain or shine you did well! Speaking of rain or shine I'll be there next year;)

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-13-2003, 4:10 PM
Thanks all for posting. BTW...you'd be AMAZED at how many times people commented on the 'short people' bed...and probably even more amazed that some people were serious. :rolleyes:

About the 10th time somebody asked that, obviously jokingly, Jean said, 'Yeah, but you've gotta be REALLY short!'. A young girl maybe 8 or 9 years old was standing there and overheard...and maybe 10 seconds later asked whether or not it was adjustable then...that was cute.

KC

D.McDonnel "Mac"
10-13-2003, 4:10 PM
Hey KC that furniture looks great. I too love the mission look. When you called it a Mesquite show I assumed all the furniture would be mesquite. It looks like cherry with maple(?). What plans did you use for the Morris chair and the rocker? I particularly like the look of the rocker.

Keep up the good work!

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-14-2003, 7:01 AM
Hey KC that furniture looks great. I too love the mission look. When you called it a Mesquite show I assumed all the furniture would be mesquite. It looks like cherry with maple(?). What plans did you use for the Morris chair and the rocker? I particularly like the look of the rocker.

Keep up the good work!

The quilt rack is cherry...and the slats in the bed are curly maple...t rest is mesquite. Show rules say 75% of the booth havw to be mesquite...

Jim Young
10-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Kirk,

I did notice that the stuffed Basset Hound on the table is much smaller than the one on your avatar lap.

Furniture looks great. I like the bed.

Kirk (KC) Constable
10-15-2003, 6:19 AM
Kirk,

I did notice that the stuffed Basset Hound on the table is much smaller than the one on your avatar lap.

Furniture looks great. I like the bed.

Basset Hound? The Saint Bernards would be insulted...so I won't tell 'em. :p The stuffed one is supposed to be a Saint also. I think.

Thanks for the kind words...

KC

Jim Young
10-16-2003, 8:46 PM
Sorry about that Kirk, I have fish.