PDA

View Full Version : Finished vase

Mike Wenzloff
09-23-2006, 1:25 PM
Some asked to see the finished vase my wife was turning...Well, I snapped this picture off last night and the lighting was poor--and the Mrs. already took it off for the recipient this morning. So unless I visit its new home and take another picture, this is it.

Color is richer than this washed-out picture makes it appear, as well as the chatoyance is near stunning in the Pink Ivory.

http://wenzloffandsons.com/temp/turnings/pink_ivory_vase_0007a.jpg

Take care, Mike

Harvey M. Taylor
09-23-2006, 2:09 PM
Beautiful! One of my favorites. Did you go to Africa and harvest it yourself, or what?

An amateur works at it 'till he can get it right. A proffesional works at it till he cant get it wrong.
Max

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-23-2006, 2:48 PM
That's the best looking piece of Pink Ivory I've ever seen! I wonder if it has something to do with the wonderful workmanship? Bet it does!

Bruce

Jim Becker
09-23-2006, 3:08 PM
Very nice.

Curious...is this more true relative to color?

Mike Wenzloff
09-23-2006, 5:12 PM
Nope, Jim. Darker, richer. More glimmer in the grain. But mainly darker and richer. The overhead sink light in the kitchen where the photo was taken washed the color out.

Hi Harvey, nope, didn't travel to Africa, just drug over the coals when I bought some log sections for my wife a few years ago.

Thank you, Bruce. I'll pass along your kind words to my wife. The other few log sections had less checks to fill, which is why she chose this one. A bit of character--the recipient is certainly one!

Take care, Mike

Bernie Weishapl
09-23-2006, 7:01 PM
Boy Mike tell your wife that is absolutely beautiful. She needs to get on here and give us newbies lessons. Beautiful work.