PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
09-22-2006, 6:56 AM
Friday September 22, 2006

Happy first day of Autumn. Yep, it's official, the leaves can fall off the trees now after they turn all those beautiful colors.

It's gonna be a rainy, cool weekend here. Sounds like a good reason to stay in and watch some football and race #2 in the race for the Cup. Dover this weekend.

Me, I'm still healing. Doc says it looks real good. I disagreed with him, but he insisted it is healing very well. Just gonna have a hole and teeny sliver of fingernail when all is said and done.

So what's up with you? Let us know.

Hope you all have a great weekend and accomplish all that you set out to do.

Enjoy and above all "BE SAFE"!!!

Karl

Dennis Peacock
09-22-2006, 9:15 AM
Good Morning Karl,

We're getting a little rain even though we could use a good bit of rain. Been extremely dry this year.

I will be helping Mark Cothren on the baby cradle he's making for his daughter and SIL. I also plan on cutting a little more firewood and it will be bass playing at church on Sunday.

Have a great weekend.!!!!

Don Baer
09-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Gonna keep on working on the desk for LOML. She also mentioned something about going to a home show this weekend so I guess that will cut into the shop time a bit. Other then that I'l be watching the race and church on sunday morn.

Jim O'Dell
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm taking off work in 2hrs and 45 min to go show our youngest dog at the local dog show. Work tomorrow morning, 8-1, then show again Sun am in Dallas. Doubt I'll get into the shop this weekend. Hopefully I will have time to tear the car stereo back down and see which pins on the ribbon cable I didn't get soldered good the other night. I went from no power/sound, to power on the display, but no function or sound. At least I didn't let any of the smoke out!! (Yet):D Have a good weekend all! Jim.

Jim Becker
09-22-2006, 12:10 PM
I plan on getting the final finish on the natural edge bench this weekend if I can (child behavior dependent), mow the grass and perhaps get started on all the landscaping I have planned for the next week as I'm on end of the fiscal year "use-it-or-lose-it" vacation. (What a shame...I get to spend a lot of quality time on the big orange power tool throwing very large rocks around with the 'hoe... :)

Karl, I must have missed what you reference in your post...'hope whatever is healing is healing well, despite your misgivings on the Doctor's throughts!

Russ Massery
09-22-2006, 1:10 PM
Last weekend shellac'd the table top. This weekend (today) start by spraying the bottom of the table top and the leg assemblies. Hope to complete it the weekend. The SWMBO getting a little anxoius.:rolleyes: To see it done.

Fred Voorhees
09-22-2006, 7:27 PM
Will be spending time doing some final packing of things pertaining to our upcoming ten day camping vacation which starts next Friday morning. Hope to wash and wax the truck (did find some more minor damage to it from the "rear ending" I got last Friday morning). Saturday night I hope to grab one more show at my usual weekly dirt track before its seasons ends. Sunday, hopefully, will find us watching the NASCAR race from Dover,DE and finalizing the plans for the drive to Syracuse,NY with another racing fan. Have already started the weekends plans by removing the four window unit air conditioners from the house for security reasons while we're gone on the trip. What little woodworking related stuff that may happen this weekend is to put the final set of window shutters in the window in the bar room where the air conditioner was located since I couldn't do so after the air conditioner was installed for the summer.

Matt Meiser
09-22-2006, 8:29 PM
Tomorrow is our ww club's picnic so we'll be going to that. Other than that not a lot of plans since I've worked until late evening every night this week and haven't had time to think about anything else. I do get to take Monday off--err I mean "work at home"--per my boss to make up for part of it.

Peter Lyon
09-22-2006, 9:52 PM
Technically, my "weekend" started today (Friday) and I'll be painting my last house of the year -- at least I hope its the the last one! I typically paint between 10 -12 houses a year, but this year has been kind of slow, only 6. Next week I'll be back in the shop beginning xmas presents for all 12 of my staff that I supervise during my "day" job.

Jim Dunn
09-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Well off topic is off topic. I'm loading the motor home and boat and getting ready to fish for 5 days starting the 27th of this month.

Tyler Howell
09-23-2006, 12:07 AM
Just got back from way up north.
Put some money down on a new home:D :D :D

Karl Laustrup
09-23-2006, 8:38 AM
Just got back from way up north.
Put some money down on a new home:D :D :D

YAHOO!!! When do all your SMC friends get to christen the joint? :confused: :eek: :D :D
Just want to know so I can clear my schdule and get my thong washed. :eek: :eek:

Karl

Tyler Howell
09-23-2006, 8:54 AM
Pack your winter wooly thong Karl. Temp is changing Fast;) :D

YAHOO!!! When do all your SMC friends get to christen the joint? :confused: :eek: :D :D
Just want to know so I can clear my schdule and get my thong washed. :eek: :eek:

Karl

Jim O'Dell
09-23-2006, 11:06 AM
But what about the shop?????? Jim.

Jim Dunn
09-23-2006, 11:43 AM
But what about the shop?????? Jim.

When I can go fishing I go. Shop time can wait till the weather is below 20 or so degrees. Course I've been fishing when it was 17 out.:eek::eek: We fished for about 4hrs had the best day fishing in years.:D

Steve Clardy
09-23-2006, 6:56 PM
Sheet rocking the ceiling of the back porch. Getting the walls ready, er, was. Wife found a termite infested window sill.:mad: Gotta remove window, fix that.:( :(

Staining this set of maple cabs in the shop.

A little more shop arranging. Bought a salice hinge boring machine. Gotta figure out where the heck to put it.:confused: :rolleyes: :) :D

Oh. Gotta do some research here after finding out TYLER has found a new home.
Gotta plan out a TEEPEE THONG PARTY!!!!!

Robert Mickley
09-23-2006, 7:48 PM
I'm still cleaning, I don't want to talk about it :D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-23-2006, 7:54 PM
Got a little "work" to do. Then finish putting the new roof on the patio.

Al Willits
09-25-2006, 8:56 AM
Congrats Tyler, whens the house warming party btw? :)

This weekend was fun for us, we ended a weeks worth of vacation and since it was my birthday Sunday, I got out of any honey do's and we got to spend time on the golf course and went out to eat that evening.

Friday and Saturday I continued on the kitchen remodel and tore out a section of cabinets, which now hang in the garage, and did some more cleaning out there.

Picked up some Brazillian cherry so I now have enough for all the basement rec room projects, and found some curly cherry the wife wants for the head board she wants me to make.

Getting closer and closer to actually building something....:)

Al