PDA

View Full Version : Tools

Bernie Weishapl
09-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Well here is some more Christmas. One is a Vicmarc chuck with standard jaws, shark jaws and cole jaws for a 14" bowl. A Raffan Skew. A oneway livecenter with a cone and 60 deg. Two sets of Kelton hollowing tools. One is a 5/16" by 8" long and the other is 5/8" by 15" long. Now I just got to make room.

Don Baer
09-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Bernie,
If you run out of room, I'll be glad to store em for ya..;)

Jim Dunn
09-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Bernie that skew looks dangerous. Better send it over here to Mo. and I'll put it under lock and key:)

Corey Hallagan
09-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Alright Bernie! Nice haul ..... Jim.... I have dibs on the skew if he don't like it! :)

Corey

Ken Fitzgerald
09-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Bernie..............NICE HAUL!

Andy Hoyt
09-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Aww man. You got it bad. Real baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

And that's a good thing!

I see Hollow Forms in your future.

Yeehaw.

George Conklin
09-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Nicely done, Bern.

I have the Oneway live center myself. It's a great piece. Come to think of it, I've got two now. The PM came with one as standard equipment:rolleyes: .
Let us know how you like the Raffan skew. I'm curious how it compares to the standard grind.

Again, nice haul!:D

Keith Burns
09-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Bernie, Bernie, Bernie......................that bug has bitten you real bad.

Great haul:) :) :)

Scott Donley
09-22-2006, 1:16 PM
Just skipped Thanksgiving this year ? Maybe a B-Day every month ? Great new tools Bernie, let us know how you like the skew, been looking at that one myself. ;)

Travis Stinson
09-22-2006, 1:37 PM
Nice haul Bernie!:cool:
What are you planning to use the Kelton hollowing bars in? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with using them.:D

Pete Jordan
09-22-2006, 3:01 PM
Bernie!

Slow down buddy!

Let know how you like the Keltons. I am interested in getting a hollowing system.

Jim Becker
09-22-2006, 4:22 PM
Brings new meaning to "presents around the tree"..... ;) :D

Bernie Weishapl
09-22-2006, 5:39 PM
Thanks. Tried the Raffan skew today. Sorry for those of you (yea you Corey) who wanted it if I didn't like it well Craft Supply USA has them for $59.95. The Vicmarc chuck is so smooth compared to the Utility chuck or the Apprentice chuck. The oneway livecenter is just awesome. Smooth and you can really cut the nub down to almost nothing. Then it is very easy to cut off when you take the piece off the lathe. Yep Jim it does bring new meaning. I have a tree in the shop in the form of a bowl blank with all the tools laying around it. Thanks again. Now if I can get some time to try out the rest of them.

Corey Hallagan
09-22-2006, 6:37 PM
Awe crud! I knew you would like it :) again, congrats my freind! That is one tool I think I will have to invest in myself.

corey

Randy Meijer
09-23-2006, 12:36 AM
Last time I checked, Christmas is over 3 months down the road on my calender. How do I get a copy of your calender??:confused: :D

Barry Stratton
09-23-2006, 2:21 AM
Does KANSAS have a Permanent Fund Dividend Program too????

Great gloat, especially when combined with the air cleaner and Trend. You know you could afford that bigger Oneway by simply taking a 2nd out on the house:eek:

Congrats Bernie!

Bernie Weishapl
09-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Great gloat, especially when combined with the air cleaner and Trend. You know you could afford that bigger Oneway by simply taking a 2nd out on the house:eek:

Congrats Bernie![/quote]

Yep thought about taking a second several times except the SWMBO or banker looked at me over the top of her glasses when I mentioned it. :mad: But since Palmgren has sent the new headstock, it has been an entirely different lathe. So I took a chance and hopefully it will keep on working for a long time to come.

Claude Arragon
09-24-2006, 6:48 AM
Bernie
Well! Father Xmas did pick up the best! Outstanding choice for your Vicmarc Chuck and Oneway live centre (just fantastic).
I have tire the Raffan skew… and went back to my old oval skew.. but that is probably because I am not flexible enough to change my old habits.
Enjoy your new tools and… happy Xmas :D

Mike Ramsey
09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Wow! I see you hit the Kansas woodturners lottery!! Congrats on
not only cool stuff but QUALITY stuff!!