PDA

View Full Version : Air Cleaner and Trend Face Shield

Bernie Weishapl
09-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Well the air cleaner from PSI made it in today and the Trend Air Shield made it in from Enviro Safety Products. It ran about $60 to $90 cheaper than in the wood turning catalogs. Anyway these with the DC should help I hope. It is kinda like Christmas in September. Haven't even had time to open everthing.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Bernie.........I hope you like your Trend Airshield as much as I like mine! Nice haul!

Corey Hallagan
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
You lucky dog! Is that all your going to show, come on man...you are holding out!

Corey

George Conklin
09-22-2006, 11:07 AM
Ahhh. Christmas in September.

I think half the fun of turning is all the extra stuff that you get to get along the way:) .

Keith Burns
09-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Great haul there Bernie :) :) :) Be sure and let us know what you think of the Trend. Been continplating getting one but having trouble justifying it.

Bernie Weishapl
09-22-2006, 5:31 PM
Thanks for the comments. I got the air cleaner hung today. So I put on the Trend, opened the garage door and starting blowing out the dust. I then shut up the shop and turned on the air cleaner. Boy was it foggy in there. Came back out 10 or 11 minutes later and there was no dust in the air. It was clear. Yeeehaaaaw. Here are a couple of pic's of it hanging. Remote works nice changing speed and you can put it on continuous, 2 hrs, 4 hrs, 6 hrs, or 8 hrs. By the way for all that ask the Trend Airsheild is great. I blew out a lot of dust and it was fogging in there but I didn't breathe any. Both work great and should of had them a long time ago.

Corey Hallagan
09-22-2006, 6:38 PM
Sweet Bernie...again you lucky dog!!

Corey

Claude Arragon
09-24-2006, 6:30 AM
The Airshield!!! Fantastic, I cannot do without it since it arrived.
Looks expensive? It is just fantastic!

Jim Becker
09-24-2006, 10:44 AM
The Trend product was a very good investment for me. Much more comfortable to use when I'm turning (no fogging) and therefore...I actually wear it far longer than I used to wear a standard full face shield. The only downside for me is that it makes listening to the shop tunes a little harder when it's running, but that's not a big price to pay. BTW, you still need to wear your safety glasses with this and any other face shield for proper protection... ;)

Scott Rongey
09-25-2006, 1:30 AM
Jim, the Trend Airshield has a polycarbonate visor an eyeprotection rating of ANSI Z87.1. I think this is the same rating as standard safety glasses. Do you know of higher rated glasses, or are you assuming that the Trend visor doesn't offer protection since some visors on the market are not rated for eye protection?

I don't have one of the units yet; I've been researching it and it is on my short list of good things to get.

Scott