PDA

View Full Version : other laser groups

Todd Jones
09-21-2006, 9:46 AM
here is a nice display rack. I got this off of a Yahoo laser group. so my question is how many mambers here also belong to the yahoo groups. we should make a list of all of the different groups like this one. This group and yahoos are great helps.

Moderator removed direct links to other public forums -- TOS violation

here are 3 different yahoo groups all discussing laser engravers

Frank Corker
09-21-2006, 1:33 PM
Todd, can you pm the yahoo site please?

Frank

Dave Chase
09-21-2006, 7:39 PM
I found one today called engraving etc. I can't post the weblink to it but if you Google it I'm sure you all will find it. BTW, Sawmill Creek is still the best I've found....:)

Frank Corker
09-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks Dave, I do look on that one, but as you have already said....

Tom Radachi
09-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Although this one's the best, I also check on the engraing etc group as well as the yahoo. Just these three are all I know about...

Todd Jones
09-23-2006, 5:57 AM
the other forum that I know of is world of engraving. I also find sawmill creek to be the most usefull though I have gotten a lot of information from yahoo.

Dave Jones
09-23-2006, 11:34 AM
What is the name of the yahoo group(s)? You can't post a link here, but you should be able to at least give the name of the group.

Todd Jones
09-23-2006, 9:56 PM
if you go to yahoo and search under laser engraving you should find what you are looking for. there are 3 groups that I know of if you can't find then send me a private message and I will send you the links

Jeanette Brewer
09-25-2006, 12:50 PM
What is the name of the yahoo group(s)? You can't post a link here, but you should be able to at least give the name of the group.

The ones of which I'm aware are LaserEngraving and TrophyAndAwardEngravers.

Al Mutairi
09-25-2006, 3:19 PM
I am glad that you like the display rack I designed & posted at the laserengravers yahoo group back in 2004. I have posted many designs for that group but since there was no appreciation I pulled out most of them. It seems members of that group simply download the files without sharing a simple appreciation or compliment the work.

Todd Jones
09-25-2006, 3:34 PM
Al thanks for letting us know that you were the creator of this cool rack. I hope it was ok that I posted it here. I have made many of them both in wood and acrylic and I really like the design. did you design the card box I posted in the card box thread. P.S. If I did't say thankyou when I downloaded it from Yahoo my sorry and thankyou I really like your work.

Mike Hood
09-25-2006, 9:51 PM
Anyone else having problems downloading the CDR file? I can't get it downloaded in anything other than a text format.

Dave Jones
09-25-2006, 9:59 PM
Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options, and in the View tab make sure that "Hide file extensions for known file types" is not checked.

Depending on your browser, make sure it is not set to always download files to a specific spot, but instead is set to ask you each time.

Then right click the link and select "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." (depending on your browser). Then, if the name is not correct, change it, and pick the place you want to save it.

Todd Jones
09-26-2006, 7:21 AM
right click on the file and go to save as then add .cdr to the end of the file name.

Mike Hood
09-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Hmmm... I've downloaded scads of examples from here, but this one comes up as text in a new window. No "Save As" when I right click either. I'd like to check it out, can you post another link or perhaps email me the file?

Something odd about this one attachment. Tried it on 4 different computers and 3 different browsers... all no joy :(

Dave Jones
09-26-2006, 4:21 PM
You sure you're right-clicking and not left-clicking?

Todd Jones
09-26-2006, 5:50 PM
MIke I posted this as v9 what corel are you using and I will upload it in that. I just redownloaded it with no problem. I have X3 so I can send it to you in any version.

art baylor
09-26-2006, 9:30 PM
Okay, I'm confused too. Sometimes the attachments come across okay and sometimes they don't. Yes, right click, save as, rename *.cdr.
This one is typical in that when I open it, or import it, all I get is a Sawmillcreek logo with a thing saying log in to view. I'm confused.
Do I have some weird setting. Corel v11.

Thanks,

Art

Todd Jones
09-26-2006, 9:47 PM
no I have this problem sometimes also. I found that if you open the file (left click on it )then hit the back button, then do the right click and rename thing that works. when you right click and the name that comes up is attachment and not the name of the file you are looking to download that is when you get the logo

Mike Hood
09-26-2006, 10:17 PM
... no joy. Can someone that CAN download this file, email it to me at somesailor@gmail.com?

I'd really appreciate it... Thanks in advance.

art baylor
09-26-2006, 10:17 PM
Todd:

That works like a champ. Not sure how you figured that out, but Thank You.

Art:D

art baylor
09-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Mike:

You should have it by now.

Art

Dave Chase
10-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Another good forum to read/view is the CNCzone forum. While most of the info relates to CNC machines they do have a section about lasers, both industrial and engravers. Just do a google for CNCzone and you'll find it. Might be worth taking a look.