PDA

View Full Version : Holbren router bits

Mike Burns
09-20-2006, 9:34 PM
Has anyone used the Holbren brand router bits? If so, how have they performed for you?

Thanks,

Mike

scott spencer
09-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Mike - I've got several Holbren bits and find them to be comparable in performance to MLCS, Woodcraft, Price Cutter, Grizzly, and other value oriented Asian imports....not quite at the Infinity, CMT, Whiteside, and Amana level but good value bits. His service is excellent and he also carries Whiteside bits and some really fine saw blades in Ridge Carbide and Tenryu at great prices.

Jeffrey Makiel
09-20-2006, 10:39 PM
I just purchased a set for about $70. It was the only set that seems to provide the truly common profiles that I use.

Not much experience with them yet. I only used one bit so far, and it was fine.

Do a search. I think you will find that many other folks seem share Scott's opinion.

-Jeff :)

Mike Burns
09-20-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi Mike - I've got several Holbren bits and find them to be comparable in performance to MLCS, Woodcraft, Price Cutter, Grizzly, and other value oriented Asian imports....not quite at the Infinity, CMT, Whiteside, and Amana level but good value bits. His service is excellent and he also carries Whiteside bits and some really fine saw blades in Ridge Carbide and Tenryu at great prices.

Thanks, Scott. I bought the T2000TK from Holbren based upon your recommendation and am very happy with it. I also picked up a seven piece set of 1/2" shank Whiteside bits from them. I figured if the bits are at least "ok", the Holbren bits would be a good way to replace all of my 1/4" bits fairly inexpensively. I just feel alot more confident with that 1/2" shank than I do with the 1/4"...... especially since I had one fly apart during use a couple of years ago. :eek:

Mike Burns
09-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Jeff........... you sure can't beat the price.

Mike

Brian Gumpper
09-21-2006, 11:23 AM
It was the only set that seems to provide the truly common profiles that I use.

-Jeff :)

Thanks Jeff. I put some time into that set and consulted with a handful of other woodworkers. I didn't want to offer the same old sets being imported from Asia that were full of useless bits because bits without bearings are less expensive to make.